Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Starrflight FOB vanes vs. blazer vanes? >

Starrflight FOB vanes vs. blazer vanes?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Starrflight FOB vanes vs. blazer vanes?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Starrflight FOB vanes vs. blazer vanes?

Hi everyone, I am brand new to this website, and just getting into archery. I am always into new and interesting equipment and spotted these little gems called Starrflight FOBs. They are an optional style of fletching, anyone know anything about them? I just bought a PSE X-force, and am in the midst of getting it setup. Otherwise, I hear the Blazer vanes are a great way to go, if the FOBs aren't all they are cracked up (marketed) to be. Like to hear opinions.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:58 AM

Default RE: Starrflight FOB vanes vs. blazer vanes?

I don't know about the Starrflights but as far as Blazer vanes go, I shot them last year and loved them. Great if you shoot a wisker biscut like I do onmy hunting setup.Very durable and accurate.Good Luck
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Thanks for your response Mo, I am having a half dozen of my arrows fletched with 2" Blazer vanes. I will still have a half dozen arrows with the Starrflight Fob's, and will just compare my results.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 AM

Here's the pro's and con's I have found so far. Shooting tight groups with the Fob's is not a good deal. You will be shooting through the fob of your previously shot arrow, and I have already damaged two of my fobs, not good. You don't want to aim at the same spot on the target, with fobs for very long. The Blazer vanes obviously handle the tight groupings better. I also never completely got my rest set so that the fobs didn't on occasion drag across the arrow holder armson my rest (Vital Gear Kazaway). The blazer vanes, being more pliable than the plastic fobs, don't create contact problems with my rest. Both types of fletching seem to group similarly, don't see any big difference between them. I am going to have the rest of my arrows fletched with the 2" Blazer vanes, and be done with it.