Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 LX and outback owners >

LX and outback owners

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LX and outback owners

Old 02-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Default LX and outback owners

Have you ever noticed after you take a shot and then draw again the bow makes a click about half way back. then if you let it down and draw again it doesn't click. It only does it after a shot. A friend has a LX and I have a outback both are doing this. We noticed it when we are shooting video it's quite in there and you can hear it. sounds like it's coming from the top wheel but I can't see how it could. Maybe limb pocket. He had his looked at in the shop but they could not find anything wrong. they said he should send it back and have the factory take it down and check it.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LX and outback owners

Have a pro shop take the QCC's (plastic clips at top axel) off and sand them. When there in the form they sometimes have a imperfection causing them to click.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: LX and outback owners

What happens is their are little molding marks left on the quick connects when they are made and when you leave the bow undrawn for awhile the molding marks sort of fuse to the limb and the popping noise you hear is them breaking free. Put the bow in a press and remove the connectors. Sand the back of each one lightly with 80 grit sandpaper to remove the molding marks, put a drop of something like super lube on the back of them and then re-install. I will bet your problem will go away. I did the same thing to my lx, and problem solved. Hope this helps, and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.