Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech question >

bowtech question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech question

Old 02-10-2005, 08:47 PM

Default bowtech question

between the mitymite and the extreme vft.Which is more" shootable".The extreme is longer but has a lot of reflex and a short brace height.Also when changing draw length modules on the infinity cam do you lose peak weight when you go down in draw length?

Thanks ,
CB
Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 PM

Default RE: bowtech question

cajun,

I owned the 03 MightyMite and my bestfriend currently owns the 03 EX-VFT. Out of the two, the EX-VFT is definetlly the more "shooter friendly" bow! Don't get me wrong, the MightyMite could drill them in their at all distances, but the EX-VFT has a more stable platform. The EX-VFT may have a short brace height, but the only time that my friend said could be a problem is in the cold when you are wearing very bulky clothes. He has a black sock that he cut the bottom off that he wears over his left arm to compact the clothes down and had no problems!

When you lower your draw length, your draw weight will stay the same! You will loose roughly 10-12 f.p.s. for every inch of draw weight you go down from 30". So, if you were to have a 03 EX-VFT which has a I.B.O. speed of 333 f.p.s., and you shoot 27" draw length, you could expect it to shoot a 350 grain arrow at 297-303 f.p.s. with everything else being equal!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 PM

Thanks BM.I shot a mightymite the other day and was impressed.It's just kinda short.But I do like the light weight and length for tree stand hunting.I haven't shot an extreme,it just looks like it would be finicky with all that reflex.

So if you have a 60# bow that maxes out at 62# at 28" draw.If you change to a 27" module it will still bottom out at 62"?

Thanks,
CB
Old 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned both of these bows and I agree very much with BM. I could shoot them both very well but the advantage in my hands went to the Extreme VFT.

It will not change you draw weight changing modules.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is interesting. I always tend to shoot the slighter shorter models with larger brace heights more accurately than the slightly longer bows with short brace heights. The Mighty Mite shot more accurately in my hands. I would be willing to wager that my long draw had something to do with it.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:38 AM

With a 27" draw length I don't think the low brace on the extreme is an issue.That radical looking reflex on the riser has me spooked a little.Kinda reminds me of the pse baby g which was a real picky shooter if I remember right.

I liked the MM,but I had a little bit of a time gettin er steady,of course the 29 1/2" draw length on the bow did'nt help either.

CB
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think either bow will shoot fine for you. The big difference between the VFT and the Baby G is the riser length and laid back limb angle on the VFT. It makes for a much more shootable bow.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im going with everyone here and saying the ext vft is easier to shoot,main reason being more stable,in my hands anyways.
I also owned the baby-G and had no problem shooting it .Actually it was a very accurate bow even with the reflex riser.
If your a 27 inch draw and you are looking for speed,then go with the ext vft
Old 02-11-2005, 06:03 PM

Well, you gotta respec Buckeyebuckhntr's opinion, since he's owned both and knows what he is talking about.

I own an 2004 mighty mite and I love the bow. I also have a 27" draw, (70#) and have no trouble shooting great with it. I would not hesitate to reccomend this bow to anyone. However, I have never shot the extreme VFT so I can't compare the two. I have shot the Allegiance/Switchback and wowza, they are nice...but I digress.

If you find a good deal on the extreme I'd go for it. Have you thought about the Patriot? I've never heard anyoen say anything bad about that bow.