Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about bowtech. >

Question about bowtech.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about bowtech.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default Question about bowtech.

So some of you may know ive been in the search of a new bow. Well finally shot a tribute today and loved it also. Ive decided between it and the trykon. Maybe like the bowtech better except one thing. The weird looking shock absorbers on it. Like the ones on the strings and limbs. So could I replace these with a different type? like a limbsaver or anything. Im not a fan of the looks of those shock absorbers on them. I mean, will it still shoot good though? I wouldnt want to mess it up.

Hey, im about performance first, but looks are a close second.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:28 AM

Default RE: Question about bowtech.

Lose the string octopus silencers, and go with a STS. The factory silencers fall apart around 500 shots.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Typical Buck

Ahh, so you can use different types. Id like to not even use string sliencers, but how much louder would it be? So it wouldnt hurt to change the type of limb silencers it uses either then? The only thing i liked about the mathews was its silent smooth shot, even without silencers on the string. The hoyt seemed strong and very smooth, but has a slightly rougher draw, not that its such a big deal, but the bowtech seemed to have the best of3 worlds, speed, silence and smoothness.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:59 AM

I have started seeing alot of people putting Speed Spyder on their bowtechs. They say it's quieter than silencers and you pick up anywhere 5 to 15 fps.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anthony... yes, you can remove those if they're not to your tastes and put on Sims Limbsavers or anthing else you want. BowTech had simply found that just about every new purchaser of a bow (regardless of which manufacturer they were buying from) installed limbsavers or something of the like, so they came out with those already installed as a "value-add" to save their customers from having to go out and purchase another $20-30 of vibration-reducing items.

They work quite well, actually.