Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH QUESTION >

BOWTECH QUESTION

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH QUESTION

Old 09-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Default BOWTECH QUESTION

Guys...

Im really considering a Bowtech Black Ice. What do they mean by "Adjustable Valley" on the website ?

I have a 28" draw on my AR 34. With the adjustment range on the Bowtech what module should I get if Im considering MAYBE shortening my draw just a little (1/4-1/2)

Thanks
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH QUESTION

Great bow. I bought the Commander, but the Black Ice was a close second choice. It is a very smooth shooting bow with very little hand shock. I think just about every review out there says that it is one of the best out there for the money.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:45 PM

MATHEWS
Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Black Ice comes with an adjustable draw stop peg, which can be moved slightly to fine-tune the feel of the valley, as well as to make slight adjustments to your draw length. If you're wanting to change anything close to 1/2" in length, you just need to get the next-sized module. To get a 27 1/2" length on the Black Ice, you'd need the DP mod in 3.5
Old 09-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Diamond Black Ice is arguably the best single cam on the market by those who have shot them all. You can fine tune the draw by moving the draw post a littleLike Greg said get the mod closest to your draw length anduse the stop for feel/fine tune adjustments only

Dan
Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 PM

By moving the screw on the the cam you can shorten the Valley on the bow or lenghten it. The valley is wasted energy, so shorten it may even make your bow a little faster. The power stroke is were all the energy comes from Great bow your not going to find better one. Bowtech really know how to make great bows
Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 PM

Changing your valley makes your bow feel smoother or more difficult to pull. It also stores more or less potential energy. Bad news for hunters, a smoother pull means less energy and vice versa. However, it will not effect your let off percentage.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Hmmmm.... interesting. I like all the positive feedback on this bow... Im not worried about a lil wasted energy etc.... I just want a bow that I like the feel of and can drive tacks with in a hunting situation wether in my tree stand or my double bull ground blind.... I love my AR34 BUT the valley and wall are very soft... not an issue with me really as I have a firm anchor point but just wondering if the solid wall of the Black Ice may help tighten up those 50 yard groups
Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Selling that AR???? If so, go ahead and buy the bowtech

Otherwise dont bother!!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 AM

AR - Yes Im going to sell my trusty ol AR34 if I buy the Bowtech... gonna sell it rigged with a sight and trophy taker drop awayfor 350. I love that bow just kinda wonderin about the new bow after shooting it....

Quick Reply: BOWTECH QUESTION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.