Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Question >

Bowtech Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Question

Old 03-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Default Bowtech Question

Ok here is the deal. After reading and getting somewhat involved in a bow hunting forum about a guy who is frustrated with Bowtech, I started looking at my Alliegance. The questions are, what are the differences between the 07 and 08 Alliegance? I thought it was the cams being black on the 08 but my cams are black. I actually thought I bought an 08 but after looking at the sticker on the lower limb, it says 2007. An what is the difference in the finish on the bow. I know it should be the in velvet finish but I guess I just don't know how to tell. Any help would be appreciated, Thakns
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Question

I just bought a 07 Alliegance new at dealer, the mods on the 07 are same as 08, also the 08 general mods will fit on too as a speed upgrade, alot steeper valley and lower letoff but about 10 to 15 fps increase. The velvet finish has a rubber feel to it. I'm not a dealer but I would guess that if it has a 07 sticker then it's a 07.
'
Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

FLAlly, when did you buy your Ally? I wonder if you got an 07 with a run of 08 cams, at the end of the run of 07 cams?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

the in velvet feels soft. its not hard feeling. its almost like you could dig your fingernail into it. its kind of like the finish on the browning gold shotguns.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 PM

I bought my bow on Feb. 1st. The finish is not really an issue with me. I am sure my next Bowtech will have the Invelvet finish to it. And it's not like I ordered the bow either. It is a bow the dealer had on the rack. Actually the same bow he set up for mr to shoot. I was more curious about the cam thing than anything else. Either way, 2007 or 2008 I am extremely happy with it. It is my first bow so I don't really have anything to compare it to except the other bows I shot when I was looking around and some friend's bows. So I've only been shooting for 2 months now and was at a shoot today. Shot a 381 on 40 targets. The only thing I had problems with was the yardages in the first round. Tanked it with a 185 but I picked it up in the second with a 196 when we could use the range finders. I'm happy with that. I love this archery stuff