Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Kbacon....was I a sucker? >

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Old 01-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Money is no excuse when someone was nice enough to lend a bow out, as one can always borrow enough shipping money ($10-12 tops??) to get it back to them quickly. ( and thank them for their generosity!) Neither is pretty much any other lame excuse this side of being on your deathbed in the hospital IMO. Ship things when you say you're going to, and don't screw people over, cause what goes around, comes around.

Yep, if it was me and I went thru all of that I'd already be in the truck and on my way for a "visit", especially if I was already planning to go to Indy later in the week anyway.

There may be a good explanation and we must give benefit of doubt until we know for sure, but from what you stated it does sound like a "string-along" at this point. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, after reading all the posts it certainly sounds like you've got a truly shady character on your hands! Sorry about your luck man, looks like you've got screwed on this deal though? [&:][:@]
Old 01-03-2005, 02:11 PM

Kbacon = Piece of sh_t.
Sorry I have no patience for scumbags that would treat a generous guy trying to help them out like this. It pisses me off when I see little kids getting sick or dying and the lord allows jerks like this to go on. Money or not a call etc.. would be nice.
BD
Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

C'mon guys let's let cooler heads prevail. I've met Ken in person at the ATA last year and talked with him on the net some, and I think he is a good guy who has maybe just run into some bad luck beyond his control. I hope and believe that he will make this right soon.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with 500fps on this guy's ,we all have bad luck and thing's can happen ,hopefully this will all be righted soon .

nubo
Old 01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow True_shot I really feel bad for ya man.There may be only a few guys on here as well that i may lend my equipment to and these guys know who they are.
I know this kbacon guy from the forums only,not on a personal bases,but maybe wouldent jump the gun right away.Is there any way you can call the postal company and ask if there is a package there for you.
Like others have said,go for a drive,make your presence and get your bow back at his front door,I'll tell ya i would not hesitate in the least.
I really dont want to make matters worse,but you said you cant contact him through e-mail,and his phone was disconnected.He is still living at the same addy I hope or now we have some problems.
Like NUBO said,Hopefully its something like a money issue,or just having a real bad go at life right now,we have all been there one time or another.Hopefully this guy loggs on and sets things straight.
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 01-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Ripping off two bows is not "bad Luck". It is called theft.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:02 PM

Something about this story is kind of fishy. Why would you want two bows when you will only use one? How would the friend know if he wants to buy it unless he shoots it? If I borrowed a bow from someone, I would make sure I was the only person to shoot it.

Mabey his house burnt down in a fire and the bow was ruined. He is trying to pay for it without letting you know what happened, or not.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody said anything about ripping off 2 bow's.

nubo
Old 01-03-2005, 05:10 PM

Trushot,

I certainly don't think you're a sucker. You did a really nice thing to a fellow bowhunter in need. You don't deserve the hassle you're going through to get YOUR bow back. Hopefully Kbacon will read all the posts and get your bow back to you. Things have a way of working out. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.