Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Kbacon....was I a sucker? >

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Old 01-04-2005, 08:46 AM

Default RE: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Like someone said earlier...he should be doing back flips to accomidate. How could this not be high on your priority list?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

When I bought my bow press from WAGS he sent it without waiting for the check to clear.
He did the exact same thing for me. I cannot believe that anyone can trust a 16 year old now a days.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Trushot_archer

Like I said, I just want my toy back.
[:@] I am ashamed! A bow is NOT A TOY, it is a weapon!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am ashamed! A bow is NOT A TOY, it is a weapon!
Someone paid attention in hunter safety class.

Actually I have also referred to my guns and bows as toys. You are correct however.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:11 AM

Never got a call back from Ken with the Tracking numer so I called him at work...yet again.

Gave me this #
0304 1560 0005 0947 6006

I punched it into the track and confirm on the USPS site and no record of anything with that number.

I called him and asked to make sure the # was correct....didn't have it on him and is supposed to call me back.

He DID call me back. I asked him exactly WHEN he shipped the bow...he said he wasn't sure.

I asked to look at the receipt and tell me what it said...he said "It just says Jan 04".

Ok...that was last year. Are you sure you have the right shipping receipt?

"Oh Oh....no it says Jan 05".

So the bow wasn't shipped when you told me you "thought" you shipped it which was Wed Dec 29th.

He says "No...it must have been Monday."

So now I'm getting a little worked up and I tell him I'll be in Indy on Sat.
If my bow has not arrived by Friday...I'll see him Sat and get a 2003 BK dually with a Sure loc sight and a TT rest, I don't care whether it's my bow or not....or I'll get $300 in cash (which I think is a fair price for the bare bow let alone the accessories). No 2 ways about this anymore.

He said that was fine...the bow was shipped and I should have it before Friday.

I'll keep this updated but I can honestly say, regardless of the outcome I won't be such a nice (naive?) guy to anyone in the future.

After that lowlife stole my bow.. my opinion of people in general was quite low. But these acts of kindness have renewed my belief that there are still some good people out there
Yeah. Right.[:'(]

I am ashamed! A bow is NOT A TOY, it is a weapon
You've obviously never seen me shoot Zak It's a toy
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I wouldn't take $300 for it I would make him give me at least $350. But quite honestly, me being me, I would probably make a concerted effort at kicking his ass just for good measure. At the very least I would go to where he was and talk to him in a manner that would give him no choice but to loose every once of self-respect that he has left or swing at me. I don't think I need to tell you which one my preference would be
Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

For what it's worth, you're a stand-up guy! I'd never even think of asking someone off the board to loan me a bow and even if you offered without my asking, I'd politely decline.

You have my respect (which isn't worth $300) but still what you did is amazing. Sorry if this goes bad for you.

I don't think you're a sucker, I think you are still what's trustworthy in this day and age, and the fact that you may have gotten used, by one of the "brotherhood" on this forum is sad. How can we talk of being ethical to animals when some, can't be ethical to our fellow hunters.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

You are definantly not a sucker, in fact, if their were more people like you in this world it would be a better place. You cannot put a price tag on a person willing to help out another and even though I don't know you personally, you have earned my respect and admiration. It is hard to trust anyone these days, but what you did says alot about your character, and I would be proud to know you. Don't let one bad experience get you down, because you know and everyone else on here have seen that you are TOP NOTCH. Good luck, and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 AM

this entire situation is why i don't trust anyone but family (and not everyone in my family at that.) I really hope this turns out okay for you.

i just wonder if he will show up at that ata show after all of this regardless if you receive your bow by friday or not...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 AM

I would suggest getting in contact with local law enforcement to back you up. Might save you some misery later.

Quick Reply: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.