Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Kbacon....was I a sucker? >

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Kbacon....was I a sucker?

A little preface to the story here guys....

How it started here...

So I sent my backup hunting bow, fully rigged with a TT Shakey, Sure loc Lethal Weapon (which I had just bought and never used) Sims stuff and ready to hunt to a guy in need (or so I thought) back the first week in Oct.

Didn't know him other than on here and another site. Shoots Bowtech, works in the industry, seemed like a straight enough guy, I had 2 bows to hunt with and figured I'd a help a fellow archer/hunter out in a time of "Deperation".

Another guy let him borrow a bow as well (I won't say who as it's not my place but you probably know)....so that's 2 Bowtech's he's got "borrowed" to hunt with (more than I have now) AND he buys Pro 40 for a great price as well.

So around December I ask if he's still using it. My string needs to be replaced on my primary hunting bow and I don't want to miss any action.

He says he has a buddy that would like to buy it.
I say....not for sale, I like the bow a lot. Than I figure...what the heck, I'll sell it as his buddy wants it and it's already in Indianappolis already.

I ask $350...nope. He says his buddy only has $300. I say OK $300 is alright, I can live with that if he's a buddy of yours and is tight on cash.
Nope...still too expensive for him.

OK...I'll keep it. I could get $200 MORE for it on Ebay IF I WANTED to SELL it in the first place.

He says no problem...I'll put it in the mail on Monday (Dec 6th).

2 weeks and no bow.

I PM him. Nothing.
I email him. Nothing.
I call him. Numbers disconnected.

Now I'm getting a little worried. I PM the other guy that loaned him a bow. He's heard nothing but had the same "Buddy wants to buy your bow" story.

Says if I "get a hold of Ken, please tell him to call me."

I finally call Ken's place of employment. I ask him if he's shipped my bow and he acts as if nothing in world is wrong and says..."Oh...No. It's here though and I'll ship it first thing in the AM." (this is Dec 26th or 27th now)

Still no bow.

My indoor league starts this Thurs (Jan6th) and he has the bow I planned on shooting.

I ordered another bow last week, it was shipped from Cali on the 29th and I got t today.

So...I aplogize for the long post here but I really don't know what to do and wanted to know if anyone knows Ken personally...maybe you could talk to him for me.

I just want my rig back.

Thanks for listening guys.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

I am sorry to hear about this. That is a absolute shame. I remember the post where he said his bow was stolen a few months back. Someone brought that post back to the top the other day.

I hope everything works out and your bow is returned to you. I also hope your kindness is returned to you one way or another.

I hope someone knows Kbacon personally so this can be taken care of[&o]
Old 01-03-2005, 10:32 AM

Man, that sounds like a nightmare!!! I'm wondering if your bow got "stolen" also?? Too bad there's a few guys out there that prey on some of our generosity..
Come on KBacon,, make it right!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Oh yeah, I know Kbacon, not personally but I sold him a 4" Doinker on ebay and it took for freakin' ever to get the money from him. I finally called him and he sent the money. Sounds like you're getting taken for a ride.

Tecumseh isn't that far of a drive to get your back in person. A tank or two of gas is cheaper than eating the cost a new bow, plus you already know where he lives.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:44 AM

I really enjoy reading about people like you that are trusting and willing to help someone else out. I really hope you weren't suckered.

It's too bad that now a days you can't trust people as far as you can throw your house. I hope this gets settled. However, if he's talked to someone else and fed them the same line as you I wouldn't hold my breath. It might be time to take a small trip.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:49 AM

It is sad that someone would do this to another person. I suggest you post his name under the bad feedback forum so everyone knows not to do business with him. I would drive over to his house and get my bow back.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Very surprising. He had been around for quite awhile. Anyways, there are only a hand full of guys that I would do that kind of favor for on this board, and he wasn't one of them.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Had a similar incident several years ago. Later found out the other person actually sold the item and kept the cash. I learned from that experience. Mine wasn't as expensive as yours....hope it all works out for the good.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:13 AM

I was in Indy visiting a friend earlier this year (okay, so technically it was last year) & while we were in Gander Mountain we started chatting archery stuff with one of the guys in their archery department. Turned out to be KBacon. Small world. Anyhow, he seemed like a decent enough guy but there's no excuse for not getting your bow back to you.

I do know that he usually makes it to the ATA show and I'll bet he'll be there again this year while it's still in Indy. If you know someone from a local shop or something who's going to the show, maybe they can meet up with him & get your bow back.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:01 PM

I will be in Indy this weekend. Would like to have it resolved before....don't want to be there mad.

Quick Reply: Kbacon....was I a sucker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.