Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 tuning the whisker biscuit >

tuning the whisker biscuit

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tuning the whisker biscuit

Old 10-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default tuning the whisker biscuit

How do you tune the biscuit? My arrow flight sucks the arrows go side to side on there way to the targer.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:04 PM

Default RE: tuning the whisker biscuit

i have not heard of this.I guess your best bet is to go to the archery shop and see if it is installed right.I have not had a problem with the one I have. good luck
Old 10-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
Old 10-25-2004, 01:36 AM

thanks for the information.it's nice to be able to write back and forth to see what other hunters have in common. good luck hunting. prodaddy1
Old 10-27-2004, 06:00 AM

A few more question's after reading everything I have found. I am tunning my New PSE Triton 28 inch draw, 60 lbs. pull. I too am new to the whisker biscuit, always used TM Hunter style's before. My question which I forget. I seem/might have a little left fletching going on with my paper tunning. But the correction is to move the rest away from the bow/riser. It didn't seem to make a bit of difference in the fletching hole, maybe even worse. First question I read on 5 shot's site that if you have the newer with two tone hair on your whisker that line the fletching up with the brown so they do not pass through the black whisker. I did not know this, will have to try. But does it have any affect on the tunning? Also I will assume if tunning outside never do it on even semi-windy day correct? This will affect the pass through's I assume? Also if I remember correctly make sure that your paper pass through is nice and tight that way there is no flop in the paper correct? Last but not least can the shooter create poor pass through's with inconsistent anchoring?
I might be confusing myself but it seems that it was shooting nice bullets holes the first day that I got my bow, but now that I went through my pin setup I was re-checking my paper tunning and it seems to be having left fletching. So that is my reason's for the question's above. My groups still are staying within 3 inches so maybe I am anal but just wondering. Thanks all in advance.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Spike

now guys, this is top secret stuff, so keep it on the downlow,
but here is the big secret to tuning WB get out a blow torch, melt the WB down into a tiny ball and throw it into the woods as far as you can and go bye a real arrow rest!

sorry i couldent resist[8D]
Old 10-31-2004, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: alwinearcher

WB get out a blow torch, melt the WB down into a tiny ball and throw it into the woods as far as you can and go bye a real arrow rest!

sorry i couldent resist[8D]

so what do u consider a real rest
Old 11-01-2004, 07:45 AM

Do a search and you will see a thread I started about how well a PROPERLY tuned WB works.........with pictures.

My WB provided me with a silent draw.....arrow containment.......and perfect arrow flight.......right through the boiler room of a NY buck last week.

Get it set up right and you will absolutely LOVE it.

Good Luck
Old 11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Spike

p-maannn

Well i like the GKF TKO for hunting and the GKF infiniti for target but the trophy taker rest is nice too.