Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit Fine Tuning >

Whisker Biscuit Fine Tuning

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Fine Tuning

Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Fine Tuning

I was doing a little fine tuning today - getting broadheads and field points to the same spot - and I had the set screw that controls the angle and left/right of the whisker biscuit not quite tightened completely, in betwen shots,while I was making the fine adjustments.

The force of the arrow going through therest caused the biscuit to lean forward a little - maybe a 5 degree angle. I started getting some of the best groups this bow has ever shot. Not real sure at this point if I'm just having a really good day (it's sunny and warm with no wind here today - first time in quite awhile); or if there is some little accuracy tweak to be had from the forward angle of the biscuit. Anyone else had the same experience? Thx. Roscoe
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Fine Tuning

You can theorize til the cows come home. Theoretically you decreased the surface area that the shaft is touching the bristles. But you also increased the time and surface contactwith your fletching. Who knows. But if it you can go ahead and tighten the screws and keep it that way, go ahead. Confidence in your shot is a huge part of the battle