Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Tuning With Whisker Biscuit? >

Tuning With Whisker Biscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning With Whisker Biscuit?

Old 02-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tuning With Whisker Biscuit?

I just installed the WB on my 05 Tomkat. I believe I have pretty good arrow alignment, but at 20yds my groups are low and right. Is it just a matter of resighting and paper tuning after changing rests? I had a cheap Golden key dropaway on before. By the way, groups are ok. Cut fletchings off in one group. I'm just so new to it all I wanna get it right and shootin bullet holes. Anyone with step by step on this would be appreciated. Thanks, LT
Old 02-18-2006, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Tuning With Whisker Biscuit?

you don't need to re-sight before paper tuning i don't think. and remember that sometimes with the biscuit you get 2 things - the first is the adjustments to the rest that need to be made as evidenced by paper can sometimes be opposite of what you would think. the 2nd is you can get a 'false' tune. make sure you do it at multiple distances.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet I think I know where you are coming from. But if I have this WB set at a good 90 degree with my string and the nocked arrow in WB is at 90 with the string, how do you get the center shot(as in WB left or right adjusted)? I believe I have it pretty close. I just didn't think you would have to adjust sight too much if the biscuit was set right. Sorry so ignorant on this. If you or anyone else has a reply please let me know. Thanks, LT
Old 02-19-2006, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

I just installed the WB on my 05 Tomkat. I believe I have pretty good arrow alignment, but at 20yds my groups are low and right. Is it just a matter of resighting and paper tuning after changing rests? I had a cheap Golden key dropaway on before. By the way, groups are ok. Cut fletchings off in one group. I'm just so new to it all I wanna get it right and shootin bullet holes. Anyone with step by step on this would be appreciated. Thanks, LT
Here is what works for me.

Set the bow at an even tiller. Most bows can be set at real close to an even tiller by simply backing both limb bolt out the same number of turns each.

The biscuit should fit loose around the arrow not tight. And it should be parallel to the bowstring.

The arrow should be nocked at 90degrees to the bowsting.

The windage for the rest should be determined by shooting the correct spine arrow for the bow at 10-20-30-40yards at a vertical line. The correct spine arrows for the bow will hit the same vertical line at all distances while the incorrect spine arrows will not.

If you are shooting fingers the final rest position may be about 1/8" to the outside of the centerline of the bow in order for the bow to shoot its narrowest groups.

Too light of a spine arrow will quickly manifest itself when it starts moving off to left as the range increases. Marginal shafts will still hit at 15-20 yards but will be 18" to the left at 30yards and over 2' left at 40yards. And that is why we have different spine arrows.

Good luck tuning!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>