HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tuning the whisker biscuit
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 06:00 AM
ARSavage

Default RE: tuning the whisker biscuit

A few more question's after reading everything I have found. I am tunning my New PSE Triton 28 inch draw, 60 lbs. pull. I too am new to the whisker biscuit, always used TM Hunter style's before. My question which I forget. I seem/might have a little left fletching going on with my paper tunning. But the correction is to move the rest away from the bow/riser. It didn't seem to make a bit of difference in the fletching hole, maybe even worse. First question I read on 5 shot's site that if you have the newer with two tone hair on your whisker that line the fletching up with the brown so they do not pass through the black whisker. I did not know this, will have to try. But does it have any affect on the tunning? Also I will assume if tunning outside never do it on even semi-windy day correct? This will affect the pass through's I assume? Also if I remember correctly make sure that your paper pass through is nice and tight that way there is no flop in the paper correct? Last but not least can the shooter create poor pass through's with inconsistent anchoring?
I might be confusing myself but it seems that it was shooting nice bullets holes the first day that I got my bow, but now that I went through my pin setup I was re-checking my paper tunning and it seems to be having left fletching. So that is my reason's for the question's above. My groups still are staying within 3 inches so maybe I am anal but just wondering. Thanks all in advance.