Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 position of hand at anchor pt. >

position of hand at anchor pt.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

position of hand at anchor pt.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:58 PM

Default position of hand at anchor pt.

i have noticed alot of people when they draw and anchor kind of turn there hand so that the top of the hand is anchored against there jaw line instead of the hand coming straight back to a anchor pt.is this just a preference or is it a more comfortable way of getting a better release.i know its about impossible to accomplish with a trigger release.is it just do to the type of release like a thumb trigger etc.does it serve the purpose of getting a better follow through and aid in not torquing the bow hand to the side.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: position of hand at anchor pt.

they are using a back tension release which requires thetop of the hand to face in in order to pull the shot off with the pinky finger.
you dont actually use your thumb to pull off the shot but rather wrap youre thumb around the trigger and pull with your pinky which puts back tension on the release causing the trigger to go off.
Clear as mud?
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 AM

i have a true ball 3 finger caliper release with the trigger on top if i turn my hand and have it face my jaw line should i squeeze the top 2 fingers while keeping pressure against the trigger with my thumb to get a better release or just squeeze the trigger only---but this way i dont seem to get a follow through with my release hand---have not fooled with this much at all yet and trying to get some helpful info on how to use this release instead of my trigger release
Old 09-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

do not set off the release with your thumb, instead wrap your thumb around the trigger and pull off the shot with your third finger by putting tension on the finger hold, as you pull back with your finger this will set off the release with a good follow through.