Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 cracked limb from bowtech >

cracked limb from bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cracked limb from bowtech

Old 08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default cracked limb from bowtech

a couple of weeks ago i noticed that my limb on my bowtech pro 38, 2003 model, was starting to splinter. it started to splinter on one of the sides of the limb. so i took it over to my local bowtech dealer and he ordered me new limbs. i shot my bow in the mean time cause it was only superficial damage on the limb. i dropped off my bow then picked it up and on the brand new limbs from bowtech the one was cracked all the way through by where the axle goes in. i am very disappointed with bowtech in sending me a set of limbs like that. now i am without a bow to shoot for probably around 3 weeks. i'm just venting guys, has anyone else had this problem. i'm just not happy with them sending me cracked limbs, other than that dealing with them has been good. i just hope the quality of their product that they send to me will be top notch.

kevin
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cracked limb from bowtech

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Seems like there's been a few recent cases of cracked limbs. I'm sure Bowtech will get ya taken care of.

I'm suprised your dealer didn't catch the cracked limbs before he gave the bow to you. That could have been dangerous. [&:]
Old 08-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Spike

yeah i know, i had my fiance pick up the bow for me so she doesn't know what she is looking for. my dealer said he worked on the bow from the opposite side of the crack. yeah ok, thanks for looking over my bow before giving it back. i'm not paying for him putting my limbs on and another set of limb savers. i just hope the next set have nothing wrong with them.

kevin
Old 08-27-2004, 03:26 PM

I had one on my Patriot dually. I was a small crack. but I was not taking any chances. Bowtech was great. Replaced the limbs no questions asked, and fast too. Great service after the sale is my idea of a good company. Lifetime warranty and they back it up.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM

When is the "Bowtech has great service" brainwashing going to fade so that reality kicks in? It is becoming apparent that Bowtech is having some quality control problems; maybe design and material problems. Are Bowtech bows and Bowtech's service so superior, that the cost, down time, ruined hunting, risk of very serious and permanent injury is secondary?

I believe the design of many of today's "hot" bows has exceeded the limits of physics. It appears that Bowtech is not the only bow that is blowing up more than compounds ever did in the past. As is the norm, it is going to take someone being gravely injured or killed before "great service" is no longer a material consideration.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 PM
nub

c; It must just bug the shi* out of ya that so many people shoot Bowtechs. If ya don't mind me asking pal, just what kind of bow do you shoot?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903, why not give up the rant. We all know. If it's post WWII, you have no use for it.
nub, I don't think he shoots a bow. It might blow up and injure him. [:@][&:]
It is possible the shop damaged the limb. How conscientious is someone that missed the crack? I'd say it's easier to crack the limb installing the axle, than drilling it.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of poundage and how light are the arrows being shot? Any bow can crack a limb, and like any product that is manufactured......once in a great while a defective product slips past quality control. In my opinion the need for speed has increased the risk to many archers.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:30 PM

If it's post WWII, you have no use for it.
That type of comment has previously been made and only indicates that a person's inexperience and ignorance has limited his or her ability stay on the subject or is a loyal party member.

If you are a zealot when it comes to a particular brand of bow, so be it. Just do not deceive yourself into believing that everyone burns incense for a particular bow or any other piece of gear. Discriminating shooters want to know the facts and hear or read thought-provoking comments.

It must just bug the shi* out of ya that so many people shoot Bowtechs.
Being I don't own a bow manufacturing company and do not own any stock in any bow manufacturing company, why would I give damn what brand of bow someone uses and maybe prays to every night?
Old 08-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903, all of your comments re: BowTech have also been made previously. I hate to assume but, your ignorance and inexperience may very well transcend mine. I can't recall you posting on other threads, where a problem was encountered, and spewing forth the "must be defective design" doctrine. And I guess you are not willing to admit that BowTech does a very good job of taking care of customer's problems. What few there are. Maybe a little incense would do YOU some good.
c903:
Discriminating shooters want to know the facts and hear or read thought-provoking comments.
The first word in your sentence is the key.

Quick Reply: cracked limb from bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.