Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bringing broadheads & field points tgether. >

Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

Old 07-22-2004, 03:27 PM

Default RE: Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

BobCo19-65,
No problem, just hate to see people wear themselves out on something that sometimes can't be fixed without compromising their equipment.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, off to a slow start but once this thread got rolling I got alot of input & I do apreciate it. I think I may have it licked. I got the heavier arrows yesterday & put 3 together. Shooting in my basement (15 yards) I have them on the same elevation & real close in windage. Gonna try tinkering a bit down there in the AM & then take it outside & see whats going on at 20 & 30 yards. Cant shoot further than that as I run out of yard.
Once the 2 came together I'm getting a slight high right tear about 1 1/2" that I cant seem to get rid of. Is this something I should be concerened with? My local shop says no but I'd like some other opinions.

Thanx again!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

When my bow is tuned I get a very slight high left tear, up close that stabilizes by 5 feet and holds at 10 and 15 feet.

Yeah I'd like to see what they're doing at 20yards and 40yards, that's how I'd set centershot. Sounds like you have the nock point about right. 15yards and 30 yards should work alright too.

Maybe Arthur could walk you through it he's better at explaining it. It's just a variation of the walkback method of setting centershot.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:35 AM

Hello all.

I'm pretty new to archery. Been shooting two years. Hunted last year...no luck.

My question: Is there a book or manual or better yet a website that explains tuning? I don't have any fancy equipment, basically just the archery allen wrench. I shoot a PSE Mohave (left-handed), sight, peep, release. I'm shooting Eastong aluminium 2413's with 4" vanes.

With my field points I'm pretty dead on at 20 and 30 yards. I put on Mussy 3-blade or Steel Force 2-blades and I'm off 4-6" to the right and about 2-3" low. Another question is: Do I simply adjust my sight for hunting with the BH's is decide to use or is there more to it...adjusting knock point or arrow rest?

I have a local guys who comes highly recommened and I might just end up going to spend some time with him to get things tuned correctly.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:56 AM

Go to easton's website and download their tuning guide.Very good info.Do a search on here.Lots of info also.

CB
Old 07-27-2004, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Once the 2 came together I'm getting a slight high right tear about 1 1/2" that I cant seem to get rid of. Is this something I should be concerened with?
IMO yes, I would be concerned with it. What I look for is an arrow that is coming off the bow straight, not an arrow that needs to "correct itself".