Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help with bow choices >

Help with bow choices

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with bow choices

Old 02-07-2004, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Help with bow choices

Pinetree, please before you jump and buy a HC just check out this site and compare prices on bows in your range
www.huntersfriend.com

The news on HC hasn't been very good of late.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

you may want to consider the mathews sq2. Just discontinued this year and around my area are going for under 500. i love mine. If you need accessories (sights, quiver, new arrows ect) that obviously jacks the price up. Just a suggestion though. probably lots of good bows for under 500 out there. good luck
Old 02-07-2004, 04:30 PM

If you shop around right now you can find some good deals. I bought a new matthews Q2XL couple of weeks ago for$450 because it is a discontinued model with full warranty.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

merlin vison , your dealer should be across the state line in ga . Check it , before you buy , dont jump on the first "deal" you come across
Old 02-07-2004, 06:38 PM

I would take a look at the new Martin line. I bought a Martin Prowler SE for $350 from Eders.com. This bow might be a little short for you with the SE limbs but, I bet you could find a better match with their magnum or straight limb designs. Martins are fine bows in my opinion.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 PM

I like the quality used bow theory over the new garbage. Either way your goona want to buy a Bowtech. I say "What". I can't hear you. That's right, there's nothing else to say.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 AM

If the Pro shop in Panama City is a good one, I think you would be well served to let them set you up with a High Country. The new High Coutry bows I've seen, have been very impressive, especially if you want a very light weight bow. A good bow shop will take care of any problems you encounter (which is likely to be none). However, when you do need service, it sure is nice to have a local person who will take care of you immediately.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

If the Pro shop in Panama City is a good one, I think you would be well served to let them set you up with a High Country. The new High Coutry bows I've seen, have been very impressive, especially if you want a very light weight bow. A good bow shop will take care of any problems you encounter (which is likely to be none). However, when you do need service, it sure is nice to have a local person who will take care of you immediately.

Well, the final decision hasn't been made as of yet.. I tried looking under the hunterfriend.com but couldn't even find HCA listed on the comparsion charts... But I still as looking hard at it.. it is less than 4lbs but not a carbon riser, which seems kinda strange to me anyhow...