Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Picked up the Vipertec tonight...initial impressions >

Picked up the Vipertec tonight...initial impressions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Picked up the Vipertec tonight...initial impressions

Old 12-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Picked up the Vipertec tonight...initial impressions

I just back from the shop with my new Hoyt Vipertec tonight. My shop owner put just a nocking point and a rest on it and gave me a couple arrows to shoot when I picked it up.

Here is what I found:

Vibration: There isn't any. Plain and simple, there wasn't any noticable vibration what so ever. This was especially surprising without a stabilizer.

Balance: to early to really tell since I didn't have the stab on

Noise: Even in the echoey range, there was nothing more than a thump when shot. Very quiet as with all of the Hoyt lineup, but this one, compared to the Xtec and Razortec I also shot, was still quieter it seems.

Thats pretty much all I can say at this moment. I still need to order my Winners Choice strings for it since I absolutely detest the stock strings on Hoyt bows. I'll begin to put it through its paces this week. I'm very excited about this bow. The more parallel limb design is definitely an improvement and step toward something real big from Hoyt in the future.

I'll put together my own review once I give this bow some time to settle with me. It wont be Pabowhunter style, but I'll give it my best.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:33 AM

Default RE: Picked up the Vipertec tonight...initial impressions

Sweet!

I went and checked out the new bows last night. I liked the ViperTec but a shorty isn't as high on my list anymore. I'm going with the slighty longer Xtec. Hopefully I'll be picking it up in about 3 weeks.

I also like the new UltraTec, but I think "the X" is the way to go.

Good luck, looking forward to a full-blown review!

Tyler