Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow? >

What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I just ordered a Bucknasty from John,(Gibblet). This will be the first Bucknasty going on the Marquis. I had 2 of them on my Diamond Victory. Not to take anything away from any other manufacturer or distributor but John's customer service and products are fantastic. I ordered a 2 color,(mountainberry and silver), string in 452X with halo servings. The price would be hard to beat anywhere. He can be contacted at [email protected]
This post is not meant to detract from MeanV or any other maker or distributor but just to give more info to work with. Comparison shopping is a good thing.
X2. I had a 452X string made for my CR334 by Gibblet last year. Great material, and a well made string. When my string on my 101st needs replaced, I will go with him again.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

I think as was said, there are many guys out there and companies out there that are producing good strings. Both of my newer bows wear VT strings purchased from Dan and his service is great, shipping free and FAST, and if you need to pick up some Slick Tricks while you're at it, he's got as good a price as you can find on ST BH's as well.