Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Eliminate Peep Rotation??? >

Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Old 04-13-2003, 07:56 AM

Default RE: Eliminate Peep Rotation???

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am just going to replace the factory string with a Winners Choice. The question is, can I replace the string only to solve this problem?

I know it would probably be better to replace both the cables and the strings, but their is a big difference between $35 and $100. At least I think it would be around a $100 for both.

Thank You,

UpNorth
Old 04-13-2003, 06:31 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

What DaveC said. After a few hundred shots most strings will settle down, then put in one or more half twists to get the peep close, then use the string loop to do the final alignment. ()This is easier to do on a twin cam than with a solo cam, but can be done if the solo cam has a quality string.)
Old 04-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

According to the guy that builds all my strings now, the trick is in the serving.The serving direction and the twist of the string MUST be the same.If they are not then you will always have a problem with rotation.Most think that it is the string stretching or settling when in reality it is the serving and the string fighting each other.

He checked the string on my new Hoyt Ultratec and sure enough,the serving and the string were not twisted the same.All the serving wasn' t even twisted the same way.They are actually built of good material but just poorly built.

I used one of his strings last year from early season through hunting season and the peep NEVER failed to turn just right and that was from 20 deg. weather to 90 deg. weather.Also the string was settled in from day 1 and never was there a noticable change in it.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never thought to check serving direction. Hope I can remember to do that if I ever have to reserve another string.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Upnorth you can just replace the string , I' ve done that on some bows and it works fine .