Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep site rotation! >

Peep site rotation!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep site rotation!

Old 06-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peep site rotation!

Ok i know this ? has beengone over.My peepsite and string loop are about 1/4 turn off to the right at let down and not straight back.I have to load my arrow at an angle than swing it to the rest!It comes straight back at draw.Does this matter?What can i do to fix it?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Default RE: Peep site rotation!

if you've got a bow press you can take 1/2 of a twist out of the bottom of your string.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Take it out and use a no peep.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Don't really want to do that.I like my peep just trying to learn how to do things myself!
I have the peep lined up now at let down by untwisting the lower end of string but when i draw it rotates slighty from right to left maybe 1/8 or 1/16th.My string strands are twisted counter clock wise.[/align]
Old 06-02-2006, 02:27 PM

As long as it comes back at full draw it does not matter.After shootingmy bowfor awhile and watching where the peep is before and after the draw i have learned to instinctively twist the peep that little bit without a second thought.This year i won't have that issue, as i will be using my old no peep.That is if i hunt this year.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you peepsite rotates on the draw , Id say you need a new quality string .
Old 06-06-2006, 02:31 PM

If it comes back right everytime when you draw what's the problem? My string from Gibblet does the same thing. At rest it looks twisted slightly to the right, at full draw it's perfect
Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you shooting a loop?

If the peep comes around to perfect when at full draw I wouldn't worry about where it starts out. If you get it straight at rest, it may rotate incorrectly at draw.

String loops help align a peep, so do the rubber tubing the rubber tubing is noisy. I use it on my VorTec but not on my Allegiance, it has a loop.

If it does not come back perfect at draw you can train it to do so but it involves a bow press and moving strands of string around the peep to get it to rotate properly. I can elaborate if needed.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 AM

i don't know why, but if you've slid your peep up and down a bit after installation and you get a little rotation, if you make a mark on the string where it goes, take the peep out, cycle the bow a few times, put it back, and then the rotation will be gone. me, instead of fiddling with it, when i get it at the right height - if it isn't perfect at full draw i offset my loop a little bit and tighten it up by sticking some needle nose pliers in there.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if anybody else caught it but you said you can get things right if you nock the arrow to the side and rotate it into the rest. I'm assuming that by this you are saying that your nocks are tight enough to turn the string. This should be corrected. Your nocks should not be this tight in the first place. When snapped on the string the string should rotate freely within the nock.

Without a pic it's hard to see what's going on, but it sounds like you need to remove the string from the bottom cam and give it maybe a half twist at a time to get it to line up right at full draw, adjusting your loop accordingly.

Work with Gibblet. He knows strings. Better yet, get a set of his strings and peep rotation will go away.

Quick Reply: Peep site rotation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.