Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep rotation help needed >

peep rotation help needed

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep rotation help needed

Old 04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default peep rotation help needed

i have an x force 6 there is around probally 400 shots off it my peep is rotating 3/16to1/4in. to the right after every shot you have to straighten it back up to have it straight at full draw there is also a little vibration and string noise not much but noticeable the top timing mark is sitting at the very edge to left of string,the bottom mark is 1/3 of the way covering the string from left side think it just needs a twist or two in the string or what..........Ted
Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Default RE: peep rotation help needed

Get a bow press (take it into a shop if you don't have one) and twist the string so that the peep comes true at full draw and twist the cable so that both cams are back in sync and you should be good for the remaining life of those cables and string.

Note: Half a twist in the string at the top cam will turn your peep about 1/2 turn, a half twist in it at the bottom cam should turn your peep about 1/4 turn.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Get a bow press (take it into a shop if you don't have one) and twist the string so that the peep comes true at full draw and twist the cable so that both cams are back in sync and you should be good for the remaining life of those cables and string.
i have an omni bench press but i don't have the other pins for pressing the xf,yea thats what i thought i would have to do the nearest shop around here 30mi. away that can press this bow i would rather get the different arms on this press and do it myself,thanks for your help kodiak...
........Ted
Old 04-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Note: Half a twist in the string at the top cam will turn your peep about 1/2 turn, a half twist in it at the bottom cam should turn your peep about 1/4 turn.
how does one know when the cams are in sync?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: rustynut
how does one know when the cams are in sync?
Depends on the bow and the type of cam. I always mark mine with a Sharpie pen across them in line with the limb once I get everything setup and tuned. Then all I have to do is get those marks back in line when I replace anything. (Also serves as a quick way to check that everything is in order whenever you pick the bow up.)
Old 04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

i got a hold of albert last night he is making pins for the press so you can put an x force on the omni bench press,i'm just gonna order the u pins and do it my self i alresdy have the the press,waste of time and money going to the shop.it is real hard trying to find a good pro shop around instead of just an archery shop and the one shop by me no name mentioned says they are a pro shop but do not have the proper set up for pressing the x force,there is a lot of people on here with alot of knowledge i would just rather do it myself the best way to get to know your bow better..............Ted
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

NO-Peep!