Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge Sight Help >

Trophy Ridge Sight Help

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge Sight Help

Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trophy Ridge Sight Help

Iwas going over my bow tonight in it's final preperations for next weeks opener and discovered that one of my fibers was broken on my sight. Clearly explains why the bottom pin was always so dim. Well I managed to remove the old broken piece and was able to thread new fiber into the pin. How do I cut the excess now so that it won't fall back through the pin hole? was going over my bow tonight in it's final preperations for next weeks opener and discovered that one of my fibers was broken on my sight. Clearly explains why the bottom pin was always so dim. Well I managed to remove the old broken piece and was able to thread new fiber into the pin. How do I cut the excess now so that it won't fall back through the pin hole?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sight Help

If it is long enough to salvage, just put the end back through the pin hole and melt is slightly with a flame - keep the flame far away and slowly work towards the fiber - you only need a small bulge.

If you need any help - shoot me a PM
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to try that tonight. My fear is that I will damage the other 3 pins. I was wondering if I heat up the tip of a knife and melt it that way. I would have no flame and the the extremely high heat of the metal should melt the fiber.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I would avoid any contact with the fiber, that could leave residue on the end, dulling the glow. Yoursafestbetis to RAISE the pin you are working on, and SINK ALL of the others as as they can go.

But honestly, just remove the fiber, melt the end with a paper match - slowly raising the flame until you get that bulge ()...the immediatly remove the flame.

Replace the fiber into the pin and route it down through the protective sheathing...

I see it is a Rhino sight - is it the version with the Fiber Cage? If so, that changes things a bit!