Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Ridge Sight? >

Trophy Ridge Sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Ridge Sight?

Old 02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Trophy Ridge Sight?

Anyone have/use one of these, the inline vertical pin style? Are they bright in low light conditions? Anyone not like it or tried it and replaced it? I like the idea of the microadjust to each pin, though I think it might be hard since they're all lined up to tell which pin is which. I currently have a cobra with fiberoptic spools and its super bright in low light, I'm not sure if the trophy ridge has fiberoptic coils?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sight?

I jsut have the v-drive so i cant really help you but the pin on mine is the perftect brightness. and even with the light it doesnt black out the target. and my 1-pin sight has something like a 3foot coil.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one salu----I use three pins only. I do not like the horizontal pin sights as I used them for years. They block out too much of my vision. The inline pin sight is just right for me and very easy to tune and adjust. I give it two thumbs up

Here is the type I use, but with only three pins....

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Virginiashadow, you can adjust each pin vertically very minutely right? I'm really into the details, when I was looking for my last sight, I couldn't tell you how many I looked at then were built like junk, each pin was off from the other etc.... and a little difference here, is inches down range you know? I think I might get one.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love mine an yes u can adjust each pin in about a whole 3 seconds.. very easy to adjust up an down! the bottomright the the sight is something like a lockin lever.. u push it down to unlock it then the push the lever on the bottom left up or down to move each pin
Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 PM

I've had a three pin model for four years now. I'm going back horizontal pins this year.In certain light conditions the middle and lowerpins can not be distinguised from the vertical post that they line up on. I figure that with horizontal pins even if they don't glow bright for whatever reason the end of the pinis well, the end of the pin. I think it's easier to bracket with horizontal post also. Just my 2 cent's. Ken
Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a three pin and a five pin and love them both. They are very user friendly and easy to set up.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

I've had a three pin model for four years now. I'm going back horizontal pins this year.In certain light conditions the middle and lowerpins can not be distinguised from the vertical post that they line up on. I figure that with horizontal pins even if they don't glow bright for whatever reason the end of the pinis well, the end of the pin. I think it's easier to bracket with horizontal post also. Just my 2 cent's. Ken
For 2008, that has been addressed with flared "TIC" pins...a very small triangular point on each oin....works great!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

I putaFlatliner on a Hoyt MT Sport when Trophy Ridge put them out.I replaced that bow last summer witha Bear Element and put a Trophy Ridge Matrix on it.I have never had any trouble with either of them.I love the in line sight picture and I can see the pins past legal shooting time.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM

I don't know, maybe it's because I've shot rifle all my life that I find it simpler to use 1 vertical pin. Honestly, with the speed and performance of today's high end bows that we all are using as long as you practice then 40 yards should be easy to judge. IMO, the other pins just get in the way, but then again I don't have a whole lot of experience with the bow yet.

Oh yeah, I have a TruGlo Range Rover