Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 trophy ridge sight HELP >

trophy ridge sight HELP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy ridge sight HELP

Old 08-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default trophy ridge sight HELP

I have a mathews switchback xt and put on a trophy ridge matrix 5 pin. I can't get it to ajust right . I start setting it and after 30 yards i need to drop it down and it looks like it's to low. I start over each time. also i have whisker bisket rest if that helps. I put every thing on myself. Can anyone help me please? One more thing started at 10 yards with great grouping of 5 arrows in about 4 inch square. And now it's all over grouping of about 10 inch square.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 AM

Default RE: trophy ridge sight HELP

I'm sorry to hear you are having the same problem my wife had with the Trophy Ridge bow sight!

She shoots a Hoyt Selena, to get it sighted in we had to drop the TR so low a broad head was dangerously close to hitting the botton of the TR sight!

So we both switched to the TruGlo Brite-Site Extreme and are now very satisfied with the TruGlo a year later.

I have two very expensive Trophy Ridge sights that are just sitting in a box doing nothing! The one I had moved to the left after a couple dozen shots, I could never get it tight enough to keep the sight from moving.....so I just gave up.....besides the up-right pins seemed to disappear in in bright sunlight.[:@]

Old 08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you checked the positioning of your rest and nocks GOOD?
I use the same sight except 3 pin and have had NO trouble. I'm not of 3D competing class but I can keep all of my arrows in bottom end of pop can @ 30 yards. Whenever I shoot for same spot like that however,I spend a lot of time refletching and renocking.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have the 3 pin and am having clearance problems. Those damn pin adjusters hand down to low.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Spike

I think i might of found the problem with my peep being in the wrong postion.I still have not tried it yet will do so tomorrow .
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Spike

moved my peep today and now shooting out to 45 yards with good accuracy. I need to shoot alittle more before season starts but at 20 and 30 yards i dee vaned 4 arrows today.that was after about 30 shots from 40 and 45 yards. I get a grouping of the size of a softball at 40 and 45 yards. and between 10 to 30 yards i can hit a hanging tennis ball .a friend in oklahoma told me to try this with a tennis baal tie a sting to it and hang it out front of the target so it will move in the wind. it seems easyer after just shooting at 40 and 45 yards. missed it at 40 .