Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot Dually Let Down >

Patriot Dually Let Down

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot Dually Let Down

Old 02-28-2003, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Patriot Dually Let Down

Here' s the folow up. The bow was shot by the guy who we had been talking to at Bowtech. He shot it at max and then at my hunting weight with different weight arrows and here' s what he wrote on the birth certificate...

Peak Weight 60.5#
Draw Length 29"
Arrow Weight 300gr
Arrow Speed 315fps

Written on the back of the birth certificate was the follwoing..

Draw Weight 55.5#(my hunting weight, w/ just a nock, bowtech hush kit)
Arrow Weight 300gr 303fps
Arrow Weight 350gr 282fps
Arrow Weight 400gr 268fps

Here' s what we got at the shop....

Draw Weight 55.5#
Arrow Weight 310gr 290fps(with nocks, bowtech string things, & peep)
Arrow Weight 360gr 270fps(with nocks, bowtech string things, & peep)

Draw Weight 60.5#
Arrow Weight 310gr 304fps(nock, bowtech string things)

This is about 20fps faster than my SQ2 it looks like, although my SQ2 has leeches and not the bowtech string silencers, so that may pick up a little speed. The guy had alot of errands to run because he' s going hog hunting inTexas so I didn' t really have time to put it through it' s paces. This is more like what I was after and even though we didn' t get Bowtechs numbers, I am pleased with the outcome so far. This bow is actually quieter than the last one and even shot without a stabilizer it' s fairly shock free. I will give final numbers when everything is done and setup the way I want for hunting and 3d. All in all I am now the HAPPY owner of a Patriot Dually. It' s here at home with me, resting up for our next outing. Thanks again for all your guys' post trying to help me out. Guess I just got a lemon the first time.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:51 AM

Default RE: Patriot Dually Let Down

Great to both hear that you got what you were looking for and the extra mile BowTech went to make you happy, and in very short order. The more I shoot mine the more I like it and this is what I discovered when I got my ' 02 Pat single last year. I shot my Dually outside toady at 40 yards and it is very accurate and forgiving and IMO it is THE perfect blend of speed, accuracy and ATA for hunting. Good luck!