Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot Dually Let Down >

Patriot Dually Let Down

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot Dually Let Down

Old 02-26-2003, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Patriot Dually Let Down

I know the cams were in time because when we checked them the top cam was hitting the stop and the bottom was about 1/8" away, so he put it in the press and did a little cable twisitng, after that they were hitting at exactly the same time. After about 10-15 more shots it was out of time by about the same amount again. Like I said, I' m just looking for answers because this is the bow I want to hunt with for Turkeys here shortly and obviously next fall for whitetail. Hopefully all will be right with the new one.

Ausie, I' m assuming that the 288 w/ 345 was at 60#, I would be pleased with those numbers.

Just a quick comment, I don' t believe that I stated in my first post the first thing we did was to setup the dually like my sq2, I just said we did do that, I guess I just don' t like the implication of " did you shoot it first with it setup or bare bow which is it" , like I was making this up as I went along. Guess I' m feeling a little like I' m being called a liar, and I know that' s probably not the case but that' s kind of how your post reads.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

mshane.
Yes mine is only a 60# but set at 61.2#.

Nobody is calling you a liar we are just trying to help you get it sorted out.
I am sorry if it did come across that way tho.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shane,
Come on.....you know me if I' m gonna call somebody a liar......I' ll call them a liar. That' s NOT what I was doing.
I was trying to avoid it sounding like that, but couldn' t find the words.....written words sometimes (most times) don' t come across with the writers feelings attached. (At least we have smilies to help with the sarcasm tho!)
Seriously,
It was important to know which way that bow was set-up initially because depending upon set-up you can have 2 very different outcomes that are crucial to trying to figure out just what the heck is going on with that bow of yours.
I have an honest interest in figuring your bow out......not in calling YOU out.
You were just unclear in the first post and I guess I assumed incorrectly.

Keep us posted.....we' ll figure it all out.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:05 AM

Thanks guys for all your replys, I know nobodys calling me a liar it just kind of felt that way. I will keep you all posted on what happens with the new bow when it gets here. Bad thing is it supposed to get here on Thursday and the shop owner is going hog hunting in Texas on Friday. Not sure if I' ll be able to get up there before he takes off, it' s about an hour drive for me and I have a 2.5 yr old and a pregnant wife, lately it' s getting harder to get out of the house for any length of time.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Ok Matt, I had to change my threads on bows from " tests" to " review" because some folks were not happy with the term...now I have to change them from " review" to " experience" ....

...thanks alot....
PABowhntr, maybe you should just skip over " experience" and go straight to " thoughts and personal feelings" . You wouldn' t want to be politically incorrect! Then again, maybe you should just say to heck with the criticism and stick with " review" , since it seems an appropriate term for the detail you are giving.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:59 AM

mshane,

I only skimmed most of this but the speeds don' t seem to be accurate. Are all the speeds from different setups and different bows all being shot and compared by the same chronograph? I know and trust Matt/PA, Ausie, PABow and the other boys here are well versed in the ways of Bowtech, I too look to them for info on the new bows, but I' ve been a Mathews shooter for 5 years now and yet to run a across a 28" /60lb Mathews that will do the speeds you are posting. IMHO the 360gr arrow at 276 fps number is impressive, thats from a sub 30" bow at 6gr/lb. No Mathews can even come close to touching that. Like Matt/PA said, no bashing here just trying to help you based on my experiences. My current Mathews is an Ultra Max set at 30" and 70 lbs. I' m shooting a 400 grain arrow which makes it 5.71 gr/lb. I shoot a tubless peep, one brass nock and an eliminator button to get 284 fps. This from a bow that is rated at 20+ fps faster than an equal sized SQ2. You got 276 from 2" less length and 10lbs less draw weight.

Just my 2cents,
Toby from MO
Old 02-26-2003, 12:16 PM

Toby, the 276 number was from the Pat Dually at 60-61# and 29" draw length with my 360gr arrow. When we backed the dually down to my SQ2 poundage which was like 55#(what I hunt at) the dually was 252 and my SQ2 was 250. Both shot through the chrony one after the other with the same stuff on the strings, leaches, peep(no tube), brass nock and eliminator button, and a set of stealth limb savers. I' m scratching my head on this one.

I forgot to mention that I have a winners choice setup on my SQ2 so the string & cable should be basically the same as well.

Matt, I did verify that 276 number with the guy from the shop. That was the Dually with the limb bolts cranked all the way in, and with all the stuff on the string except serving to tie in the peep.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

mshane, here' s what my Pat Dually does. It' s set at 55#, so is what you say you like. 55#, 29" draw, 368 gr arrow = 288 fps. 301 gr arrow it shot 301. These were chrono' d speeds. I have a kisser, loop, and the hush kit with limb savers added. One thing not mentioned; you may be creeping forward, off the wall, before releasing. That will affect the speed to a degree. In conversation with people at BowTech, it was stressed to me, the importance of shooting off the wall with the Pat DC. If you relax, it' s easy to creep. Be sure to anchor solidly and pull through the shot. Please don' t mistake my comments to suggest I' m an archery coach. I' m not. But I have found this to be very important when shooting this bow. Good luck. Once worked out and shooting, you' ll love the Patriot Dually. Just use a heavy arrow with a big cut head for turkeys, otherwise you' ll blow the arrow through. And that makes it easier for the turkey to fly off.[:@]
Old 02-26-2003, 07:27 PM

I would agree something is wrong or something drastic is being overlooked. You stated 276fps @ 61lbs and 252 @ 55lbs. Thats over 20 fps for 6lbs of draw weight. I wish it were that easy.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:59 PM

You Bowtech shooters are touchy!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Patriot Dually Let Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.