Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot Dually Let Down >

Patriot Dually Let Down

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot Dually Let Down

Old 02-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2003, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Patriot Dually Let Down

Here' s an update. The shop just called and said the new Dually is there, I give Bowtech credit on getting it here as promised in a day. Out of the box and set to 55# with just the brass nock and with 29" draw it shot 305 consistantly through the crony with a 310gr arrow. That sounds more like the right number to me. Can one of you guys that know all the calcs run the numbers for 60# 29" draw and a 360 gr arrow and see what it comes out to be. I thought the shop owner was going hog hunting tomorrow but it' s not untill saturday so I may try to sneak up there tomorrow and try the comparison with my existing bow and see what happens. Matt, I will write down exact numbers and post them when I get home tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

you should get around the 290 - 295 mark with a 360gr arrow
Old 02-27-2003, 02:40 PM

Thanks Ausie-guy, those are the number that I was looking for. That would be very pleasing to me. Don' t know what was wrong with that first one but this is sounding more like what I signed up for. I will post results tomorrow after I get back. Thanks to all you guys again.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am glad you now can smile about what you have
We will have to send you the secret hand shake now

Look forward to your report
Old 02-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good for you Shane!.......Glad BowTech was able to make things right for you.
Still don' t have a clue what was going on with that last bow tho?........I guess we' ll never know!

What did your " Birth Certificate" say for 60#/29" 300gr arrow?.........I can give you a pretty good estimate of speed at 29" /60#/360grs if you give me the speed you shot with a 300gr......or even a 310gr test arrow.
Also let me know what you are putting on the string.

Amazing a bow with that much power does so little when shot isn' t it?

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM or E-mail me and I' ll help all I can.
In fact I have a few tips I want to PM to you right now without taking up a bunch of space here so look for it.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I can' t get the smile off my face after playing with mine. I have probably gone to some lengths that others may not want to, regarding my " tweaking" , but after getting the new 30" mods in I got busy and was able to get 344 and 343 from my 2 PAT DCs, and that is 72 lbs, 349.5 gr arrow, and a " Bowtech 30" " , which even with the new mods is close to 31" . The #' s were verified on 3 chronys and 2 scales. One chrony was about 3 fps slower and the other was 2 fps slower, but naturally I quote the fastest I only shot at 20 yards but lost 3 nocks and was slamming the Hyperspeeds together quite consistently. With a no peep and some mechanicals I would feel perfectly comfortable hunting with this set up, it' s that accurate.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

mshane, I' d say Ausie is real close, considering the speed mine has. 288 at 55#, 29" , 368 gr. 295 is a pretty sure bet. Good luck with it, and buy some extra nocks.[:@] BTW, my birth cert stated 320 fps.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:06 AM

500, you must be the KING tuner!!! Those are some great speeds from a 7 7/8 inch brace bow I don' t want to hear about you bullying up on some Black Max II though[] Mine is driving tacks and shoots a little faster than my ' 02 Pat and 6 pounds less draw, can' t wait for antelope season! You are right about these bows responding to a super tune! Have a great weekend[8D]
Old 02-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

The Bowtech techs are real generous with their information.

Suppose you get a cam in the high side of the spec for width, and limb tip width on the low side, the bow may still shoot in it' s advertised range, but if you run a little fine grit sand paper on the inside of the limb forks, and lube the axles really well you can pick up some speed. I also take the axles up to lab here at school and run them through a series of progressively finer rubber polishing wheels and finish up with a chamois wheel with jeweler' s rouge, to get an unbelivably slick finish.

Having a longer draw length helps too, because when you advance the cams with all that pre load you lengthen it some. These bows really benefit from that. As Matt mentioned also, you really have to shoot hard off the back wall. It can make a 10-12 fps difference if you are not pulling into the wall when the release fires.

Then you call up your good buddies at WC strings and get them to make you a set with two less strands in the string and cables with as little serving as you can possibly get by with and you get a bow that exceeds its advertised speeds.

Quick Reply: Patriot Dually Let Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.