Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 1/2 string twist for peep >

1/2 string twist for peep

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

1/2 string twist for peep

Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Default 1/2 string twist for peep

I have reada fewthreads concerning peep rotation and have a specific question about twisting the string 1/2 a twist. Does this method change the way the peep rotates as it comes back? I ask becasue after havinga new string installed 3 weeks ago,my peep is rotated about a half a turn to the right at rest and at full draw. My goal is for the peep to come straight back so it is at the correct position at rest and at full draw. So, I guess my question againis....does twisting the string affect how the peep rotates as it comes back or just the position of the peep so it would be 1/2 a turn different at both rest and drawn (not causing it to rotate during the draw)?

Thanks in advance for helping me figure this one out.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 PM

Default RE: 1/2 string twist for peep

Rotate your peep, not your string.

Most likely your bow is in spec. Rotating your string 1/2 turn could take your bow out of tune/spec.

It is safer to rotate the peep 1/2 turn and see how that works out.

Assuming your string is newer, you can train your peep to rotate how you want. Click on your release, before you draw back...rotate you peep in the opposite direction that it is turning. 10-50 times doing so will train the peep.

If your string is older, I suggest replacing the string with something like Vapor Trail or Winners Choice. Severe peep rotation is often the first sign of a stretching/older string.

Remember, when you replace your strings/cables, it is important to get a warranty and not just a "if something happens, then I'll take care of it" word of mouth warranty. Honesty is not all it cracks up to be on the internet.

Best of luck!