Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Twist

Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 PM

Default String Twist

Okay this is a real newb question but I just need to know. On my bow my peep sight is not inline with the string when it is let down. So now the question. Will this affect the way the arrow flies. I have the surgical tubing that pulls it straight at full draw, but I was wondering how it would affect the arrow if at all.
Heres some pics:

Any comments appreciated thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 PM

Default RE: String Twist

You should be OK. That isthe good news aboutthe rubber tubing. In a perfect world, you get a peep like the G5 (that doesn't use the rubber tubing) to line up - by manipulating the strands of the string and the degree of tie-in; but sometimes it just doesn't pan out - in which case the tubing is pretty fool proof.

It does look like the peep is almost 180 degrees off, though. Might considergoing backto the bow press and putting the peep on the other side of the string.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Will it do anything to the arrow when it is realeased because I didn't use a bowpress for this because I don't have one or I would have. I used the string seperator sold from bohning. And that would be a waste of serving to take it all off and redue it if the if it isn't going to hurt anything anyways. Just wondering. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

You should be fine. I have never seen a difference in accuracy with it twisted like that on a hunting bow.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Your peep is 90 degrees off but with the tubing you will be fine. Will not affect your arrow flight at all.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:36 PM

Thats good to hear. I dreaded wasting all that thread and time thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Youll be just fine!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

will not effect accuracy

A better setup is to have a quality string and true peep
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

will not effect accuracy

A better setup is to have a quality string and true peep
Yep, when you get ready to replace that string you should upgrade to one of the newer creep free materials that will allow you to get rid of the tubing but for now you're fine.

I'm not sure that Roscoe noticed you're a lefty. I'd leave the peep where it is so that the tubing isn't hanging in your sight window.

ps.) Wow! That's a lot of serving on that string! There could be quite a bit less above your nock point and that berger button below your loop could come off since you don't need it with the loop. The more weight you can remove from the string the more speed you gain.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM

do you think I should replace the string? I wasn't going to I thought it was fine and the guy at the pro shop said that it was good and I could get a couple more yaers out of it. Do you think I should redue the serving and put less on. The bow came with that much serving on it but I have a Bohning serving kit that I could redue it with. What do you think?

Quick Reply: String Twist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.