Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Twist?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default String Twist?

I posted this in the bowhunting forum and figured i would put this here also. How if possible do you eliminate string twist? My brother-in-law is having troulbe with this. Every time he draws he cant see through the peep? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Andrew14
Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: String Twist?

String material is important. 450+ or 452 seems not to stretch at all. Also prestretchinglike8125 like winners choices uses will twist but not much. Fast flight will twist and stretch.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

He needs to train the peep by rotating it the opposite way it is turning when he draws. Do this after shooting and also when the bow is just sitting there between shoots.

If he's using a d-loop the knots could be back wards or he can adjust the D-loop to the point that would bring the peep into alignment at full draw.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a quality string , giblet on this boad makes great stings , so does vaportail strings
Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I answered this ad-nauseum in the hunting section. I'll only add here---remember the name GIBBLET.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:31 PM

Winners Choice, Gibblet, and Vapour Trail, are all great strings, and consumers are all happy as far as I have read.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:19 PM

he could just need a half twist in the bottom of the string.
does it do the same thing every time, or is it different every day?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:19 PM

I agree w/ Giblett - however, I am by no means an expert. I had a similar issue with my 2007 Hoyt Vulcan (meta peep) and had to have my local pro shop inspect it further. Granted, I only had approximately 300 shotswith the bow- which would certainly not "train" the string; but the pro shop did have to twist the string to obtain consistent rotation. In addition,my string leach had creaped down towards the peep, which was causing some issue, as well as when I was knocking my arrow I had a tendency to nock the arrow prior to inserting it into my whisker-biscuit rest (which was rotating the string). Not sure if this helps, but without too many specifics, I find it useful to learn from other folk's situations. Hope it works out.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 PM

I always tie in my leeches, so they can't move on me.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say train the peep do you mean when your arrow is not nocked? My peep is about an 1/8th of a turn from being perfect. I'm left-handed and my peep is turning from right to left. I have to use my big nose at full draw to make it square.

Quick Reply: String Twist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.