Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Twist

Old 02-16-2005, 10:29 AM

Default String Twist

I recently installed a kisser on my new Diamond Rapture. In doing this I noticed that my string rotaes about 90 degrees when I knock my arrow. This happens each and every time I knock an arrow even when I make sure to knock the arrow level with my rest. So my kisser and string loop are turned (along with my string) 90 degrees to the right when not drawn, and are both rotated and line up perfect when I knock an arrow. Shouldn't this effect the accuracy of my shots? Should my string be doing this??
Thanks for the HELP!!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Twist

It won't hurt a lot but it isn't optimum. What it does show is that your center serving is to thick and the arrows are snapped on too tight. I deally your arrows should snap on LIGHTLY then just kinda float in the nocking position. If you hold the arrow vertically and give the string a decent tap with your finger the arrow should fall off. You might want them a little tighter for a hunting setup but not much. If your string is fairly new it may wear in a bit, but if it is fairly well used and still tight then I think I'd reserve it, or get it reserved with thinner serving material.