Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How lite is too..... >

How lite is too.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How lite is too.....

Old 02-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How lite is too.....

That' s true. Bows do perform better and shoot quieter the nearer their max draw weight you get. It' s not necessarily true that bows perform best when the limb bolts are cranked down tighter than a pair of pantyhose. Some bows do, some don' t and anyway, pretty often you have to keep one limb bolt backed off a bit to get the tiller set right.

If you' re at 6 1/2 grains per pound now and haven' t had any problems, I doubt you' d need to back off the draw weight due to arrow weight. (Maybe those kids of yours are wearing you down, costing you sleep and sapping your strength? ).
Old 02-13-2003, 10:12 PM

Default RE: How lite is too.....

How could one who is starting to drive, one hitting the " 13" mark and one coming into the terrible twos (not to mention a pregnant wife) drain a man' s energy????
Seriously, thanks for your help. I was shooting about the same weight in aluminums for the last few years and made the switch to carbon this winter. Seems to do ok, and like I said I have been very happy with it over the years.
I do plan to change my set up this fall for hunting, just was wanting to get the maximum speed for the 3D and field courses.
Thanks again