Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE Firestorm lite >

PSE Firestorm lite

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Firestorm lite

Old 02-04-2004, 06:06 AM

Default PSE Firestorm lite

Anyone familiar with the PSE Firestorm Lite. Am considering this bow or the Bowtech Mighty Mite, or a Matthews like the SQ2......but price is a factor and the PSE is much less expensive. Would like any info. good or bad.

Thanks

MichaelT.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:46 AM

Default RE: PSE Firestorm lite

The mightymite is a good bow but I like the tech 29 better. Its better than most PSEs for the same price. But I suggest go with whatever you feel more comfortable. Matthews may be a good bow but they dont have the speed that bowtechs do not too mention they are more costly. For the money, with the bowtech you get speed, accuracy, and cam stops (Im not sure what the technical term for them is). Blackhawk is a cheaper version from bowtech with same attributes as mightymite and tech 29. You can pick a brand new one up for 350 or so dollars for 2003 model. My uncle has a PSE Baby G and it lacks in the accuracy category. Personally after seeing that bow shoot, I will never consider buying a PSE no matter the cost. A bowtech in my opinion is definitely worth its weight in gold.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:35 AM

I shot the fire storm lite last week while bow hunting for my cousin. its shoots very nice!! and like jbrodie said its a better bow for price!! good luck!!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

PSE makes a great product! I think you will love the firestorm and will get many years of use out of it.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:57 PM

I don't know how the Firestorm shoots...but I've shot over a thousand arrows with my PSE Nitro and no problem so far (only got it last Oct.). PSE makes a good product.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 PM

MT--

I have a Firestorm Lite and I love it. Great for hunting (compact, light) and deadly accurate. i shoot my bow like crazy and its always consistent. i can group 4 inches or better at 35 yds. 10-25 yards is always 3 inches or smaller. i say thats good enough for an average joe hunter. i think you will be very pleased with the PSE. not sure about the others...i have read a lot about bowtech and matthews and would love to have a bow from each of those makers as well, but i rest assured that time spent praticing will be the most important factor in being deadly wiht your bow, not which one you buy. all will do the job, just depends on small differences i guess. hope that helps.