Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep sight question >

Peep sight question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sight question

Old 12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight question

Well put Dan! Moving on does seem like a good idea.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

No Simp there is a whole lot of difference , I misjudged the yardage on a stalk . You admitted you went right from buying the release to out to your tree stand without even trying the release. That is being unprepared. No it isnt holier than thou mean, just common sense that if you get a different release you dont go right to the stand without trying it out. Would you buy new arrows and go straight to the stand without seeing if they shoot in the same spot ? I know I wouldnt . Any time you get anything different , even same type of release , you OWE it to the animals to make sure everything is in order before going afield with it.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

No doubt, itsgood practice to test your equipment before heading to the woods, but as someone said, there is a learning curve, so the important thing is that you learn from the situation.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: BGfisher
YES, I have shot deer and not recovered it. Guess what? I, too, was young and stupid at one time.
I guess you are saying that anyone that shoots at and either wounds or misses a Deer then they are young or stupid?

Just messin with Ya!

Dan
[:-]

OK, so maybe young and inexperienced would have been a better choice of words. Sorry about that. Still, there is a lot of knowledge passed around these days about tuning. It was back when a started 35 years ago, too. Being young and inexperienced some of us just didn't know about it.

Come to think about it, do you know how I learned a lot of what I know now? I joined an archery club and started shooting competitively in field archery. I always think joining a club and meeting other people is a good thing. Hey, no matter how long a man has been shooting there is always someone with more nowledge willing to pass it along. This is also good because one can get some hands-on help instead of sitting in front of a computer screen reading about it. Learn while you shoot.

Dan, in answer to your other question, G5 does make a 1/4" and 5/16" peep. I have the latter and will probably try it on my new FireCat--when it gets here.

Barry
Old 12-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I hate the tubs. I shoot with a string loop, so there is no need for a tube. Also, if you get your peep set right, there is no need for a tube. I have bows Ive shot since the early 80s that never had a tube. Wasnt ever thought of. I see a tub as a quick fix for a simple problem.