Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String twist

Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default String twist

I had a new eliminator button put on a few weeks ago. Now it looks like the string is untwisting. Twice now I had to turn by peep sight around. Did the shop put too much twist on the string or what?
Old 10-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: String twist

How old is the string.

It could be creeping.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'ts on my Drenalin which I bought new in april. I was told it has barracuda string on it.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: dabowhunter

I'ts on my Drenalin which I bought new in april. I was told it has barracuda string on it.
On that bow, it really should be set IMO. On my new commander, mine twisted the first 100 shots and since then has stayed rock solid.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was told it has barracuda string on it.
They are still not a very good string they are better than the Zebra but they still creep a bunch which I dare say is your problem.

Get in contact with gibblet here on the forum and get one of his string/cable you wont be sorry
Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I was told it has barracuda string on it.
They are still not a very good string they are better than the Zebra but they still creep a bunch which I dare say is your problem.

Get in contact with gibblet here on the forum and get one of his string/cable you wont be sorry
I will do that, but leave on hunt in am. Since it started twisting I have had to adjust the sight some because it was shooting high. Like six inches high at 40 yards! So is it possible the shop put extra twist in it and it is now slowly untwisting? Or could the string be twisting tighter?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

As to what the shop done I dont know I was not there

But the best fix IMHO is get a new string and cable from gibblet.

The stock strings on Mathews bows are hit and miss as to whether or not you get a good one and by the sound of it you got a bad one that will just continue to creep no matter what you do.

The shop I teach in is a Mathews dealer and they got tired of having to re-tune bows because of string creep now every new Mathews gets a Bucknasty(gibblet) string and cable before they go out the door.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Aussie
Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree w/ Aussie, unless, they didn't put the bow back into spec. after putting the eliminator button on. If that is the case, they I'd be having them re-time the cams, and get it back to spec. I shoot a tubed peep, because I don't want to deal w/ fighting the string twist as hard, especially because I shoot a lot.