Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Loesch Enterprises >

Loesch Enterprises

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Loesch Enterprises

Old 02-14-2003, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Loesch Enterprises

Thanks for the suggestion OKBowhunter, but it wasn' t the poor tolerances of the the CNC machined riser, It was a significant segment of the grip that extended past the riser. Since I am a woodworker I just trimed it back. I thought it was weird, because at the time there had never been a difference in the mathews riser/grip interface, not like some manufacturers who change risers every year.

A more serious problem was that the grip came up too high on the riser, bending the thumb back under the riser ledge, not very comfortable.

If you look at a shrewd grip, there is a 45 Auto like beavertail safety assembly that holds the hand down out of the way.

Have they fixed these probelms, probably, but I don' t appreciate paying 150 for two grips that were not ready for prime time. On the other hand, the Hoyt grip I got at the same time was perfect.

Workmaship wise, the grips had minor pooches that had been buffed over, but they were there to see.

The other main problem is that the grip they then sold was almost twice as wide as a Shrewd grip, to which I see no advantage. They now have a bunch of mathews grips, some of which are pretty narrow. I could convert a Mathews grip into a better than Loesch grip in about 10-20 minutes of woodworking. I couldn' t make a Shrewd grip out of wood, too narrow.

The main advantage to Loesch is that they make a wide range of grips, Shrewd grips only fit Mathews, and a few others by accident. There was mention of a Bowtech grip last year, but they have dropped that, or for some reason, it never made the web page.

Getting in touch with Shrewd, is no bargain either, once the ASA season starts. Try the phone.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:37 PM

I' ve been bashed as of lately replying to post, but here goes again. Just contacted Loesch grips about a customer who wanted a grip for his Renegade Tominator II. Left handed even. This was Tuesday 2-11-03. Guess what! James got back to me the next day explaining the grip to me. It' s on order! He told me, 6-7 weeks on regular order. 1-2 on special for 20 more. My customer said get it. I have never had a problem getting grips for myself from them. I haven' t tried Shrewd yet, but if my customers ask, I would profide them want they want. It would be nice if everyone would stop for just a moment!! There is enough things in this world that are screwed up. Instead of bashing our US manufactuers and archery community, lets just try and kick back and enjoy the FREEDOM we have!! Be patience and call or e-mail who you' re having a problem with! I have yet as a small shop had any problem with any one in our great archery community. If you have a problem with any archery or any hunting company, please feel free to contact me and I will help you in any way. Might even save you some money! Could be worse, and I won' t finish what' s really on my mind!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:50 AM

It isn' t bashing if one is telling the truth. Hiding the truth isn' t going to keep anyone' s competitive edge as honed as it could be.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:29 AM

So true Ossage, it was not against a company. It was kind of personnal. I enjoy everyones opinion on these forums. It makes things easier when dealing with manufacturers, etc. I' ve learned a lot. As the problem that bugsnbows had here. Now one knows how to handle a company. I' m sure the manufacturers read our gripes and know where they have to make changes. I apologize for going off sounding like a jerk. In all my experiences I' ve only have had one problem with a manufacturer. In todays competitive market we as consumers should' nt have problems as every one competes for the all mighty dollar.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:08 PM

Just for the record, first let me state that I have no affiliation with any archery manufacturer in any capacity. The Grip I ordered and recieved for my Icon is a left hand grip. Loesch if not perfect. They make very few Left hand grips but, of the ones I have seen or have heard of, the posts on this thread are the first and only complaints I know of regarding the craftsmanship aspect of the grips.

Shrewd grips are also a fine grips. It just depends on each individuals personal choice. If a wooden grip is what you have in mind then Loesch is a good way to go. If you have a personal complaint with the manufacturer it might be a good idea to try to resolve it with him before running down the mans business. there are too few small businesses that cater to our sport. I can understand anyones anxiety and even anger if a product does not meet your expectations but, wouldn' t it be better to try to get satifaction from the company you bought the product from. Most companies that I know of which provide archery equipment to the consumer will go out of their way to satisfy the customer. Archery in general is a small community and manufacturers know that word of mouth carries more weight then all the advertisments that they may put out to the media. Whether you know it or not, forums like this one carry more weight then you would imagine. If anyone out here can do a better job at making a grip then why not take the bull by the horns and start making them for all of us out here. I am a firm believer that " those who can do,those who can' t" well, you can fill in the rest.
Constructive criticism can be a good thing unless it is carried to the extreme.
Just my .02
Old 02-17-2003, 07:36 PM

It is up to me how I want to express my dissatisfaction. I didn' t give them the chance to fix the problem because I can fix it myself. Living in Canada it takes months and lots of expense to get waranty work done. They get the one chance, that is it. If I cover up the fact I had a problem, then I am keeping information from others that may be useful. What is the point of this board if not that kind of thing?

I got this grip around when the Mathews signature came out. At that time, the Mathews brand wasn' t as big as it is now. I think it would be wrong to infer that the current crop of Loesch grips, now that they offer many Mathews models, and now that Mat. is a dominant brand would be the same. In the early days Loesch were mostly a FITA, read Hoyt outfit, and as I mentioned, that grip was perfect.

I do think that getting three things wrong in one grip: A pooch in the finish, a piece of the grip that extends well beyond the riser, like 1/4-3/8" , and not enough room for the thumb, is an acheivement worthy of note. I would be concerned about ordering a grip for a non mainline company in the future. I wouldn' t bother.

Hey Jacko, where is a guy to rant if not here? I' ve crossed the line many times, and occationaly someone snaps my leash, just part of the fun