Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
trophy ridge sights >

trophy ridge sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy ridge sights

Old 01-13-2003, 03:42 AM

Default trophy ridge sights

has anyone picked up one of these yet?

i like the way the sights are compared to the horizontal sights.are there any pros and cons on these type of sights?

Old 01-13-2003, 06:37 AM

Default RE: trophy ridge sights

Quilly,

You should do a search, there were many reviews about this sight.

I don't like the sight for hunting. The pins are way to fragile for me. If you use multiple pins it is hard to gap at in between yrdages. And if your anchor is a little low, there is a good chance you will have clearance problems with the arrow and the lower fiber optics hanging bellow the sight.

Edited by - Rack-Attack on 01/13/2003 09:49:24
Old 01-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do have the 5-pin flatliner and was happy with it this last season--it really lights up in low light cond. but,I am going to try the cosmic by impact archery next year.The trophy ridge sights are very bright but the cosmic is much brighter when you compare the two side by side.The flatliner is multiple pin and the cosmic is a single pin--depends on what your after i guess.I liked the T.R. but have heard others say the pins will break easily.I believe T.R. came out with tungsten(sp?)pins recently they should be very durable.hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:21 AM

I've had one for about month now. I like the sight, the vertical alignment does take some getting used to, but other than that I'm satisfied with the sight. Rack-attack is right about anchor points, I have a very low anchor point and I'm not getting much clearance. As far as being weak, I can't comment on that because I haven't hunted with the sight yet. However, I try not to subject my bow to the kind of treatment it would take to break off a pin.

Hunt the thickets
Old 01-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one for my new bow this past spring the extreme model that is camo, and came with balance bubble. I got a 3 pin. My only complaint is the pins are fragile I broke one toying with it, but I have yet not to break a fiber optic sight pin. Trophy Ridge was very cooperative in getting more pins out to me, and they aren't all that difficult to replace. The replacement pins come with directions. Other than that I really like the sight. I noticed right from the start how easy the sight was to attached, and setup on my bow. Adjusting the sight overal, then fine tuning my ranges by adjusting each individual pin was a snap. I used it for 3d shooting all summer, and I found the bubble to be very handy. Then all of hunting season. The vertical pins seemed so natural to me. I'm very happy with the sight!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys and gals, you will be happy to know that the new 2003 TR sights have been improved!!! I have been shooting the new TR Micro Matrix with 4x Feather Vision Lens and this is one awesome set-up!!! The new micro Steel Tech pins are only .019" and provide and incredible aiming point!!! TR will also be adding a new sight light as well as an assortment of lenses and other goodies for 2003. The only way for a company to improve is to listen to the demands of all of us,... your feedback is important and it does make a difference.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and have used it all year. I am anything but gentle on my hunting gear. I have had no problems with it. From what I have read on this site, if you do have any problems T.R. seems to stand behing their product.