Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Sights

Old 09-03-2002, 09:37 PM

Default Trophy Ridge Sights

Has anybody tried these? I checked-out a friends new set-up and really liked the sight. They have vertical in-line pins and require no allen wrenches or tools at all to install or adjust. The fiber optics for the pins wrap around the guard and are very bright. Any opinions or experiences would be welcome. I was looking at the Nitro Extreme model for $90 at Cabela's.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:57 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sights

I've got the Nitro Extreme.... Great sight, just call Trophy Ridge and get them to send you allen screws to replace those thumb screws (can't get the thumb screws tight enough to prevent moving)

Other than that, cut a limb saver in half, attach one half to the front of the sight, the other half to the bracket coming from the riser, and you've now created the Matrix (with the DVD vibration modules)...

Jim.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:52 PM

I had the Nitro Extreme, nice idea for a sight, but had alot of problems with mine. The first thing would be to get rid of the thumb screws and go with allen heads. Mine also had a problem with the fiber optics that ran around the outside of the sight, they were loose and buzzed when I shot. Another thing was the flimsy plastic sight pins, I got a twig in my sight last year and broke 1 of them off. This would be a awesome sight if the body was made of something other than plastic, the pins were steel, and they didnt come with thumb screws. Alot of problems for a 90$ sight.
I finally took mine off and went with a CopperJohn's DeadNuts.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:02 PM

IL-Cornfed is a big fan of them. He has had a lot of luck using them and really likes them. If you have any questions he is the man who knows more abou their stuff anyone out here on the net.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Flatliner Grat site no problems with it at alexcept it is hard on arrows, I keep shooting the nocks off the ones already in the target.

Sell
Old 09-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the intro Moonge. I should send you a free sight for the compliment???.

I feel that the Trophy Ridge line-up is the most exciting in the industry.The adjustments are easy and smooth and the sight picture is exceptional. The 7+ inch Tru-Glo fiber optic pins guarantee an outstanding aiming point and the ViPin technology aligns with the animals legs right up to the boiler room seemingly making the shot easier.The round sight housing also centers very nicely inside of a full size hunting peep. TR offers a sight to fit every hunters budget from $45 to $115. Also, don't forget that TR backs up their sights with a Lifetime warranty and outstanding customer service. This really is a sight worth checking out. Do yourself a favor and pick one up. If you have any specific questions feel free to email me.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:54 PM

Cornfed....Do they have some flo-oragne or white rings that can go on the back of the pin guard (ala Copper John's and Spot-hogg sights) I REALLY like that on my Copper John's, but other issues have got me to buy a Nitro Extreme.... ANY way of getting something like those rings???? (other than making them myself
Old 09-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatly, as of yet TR does not offer a sighting ring. TR values everyones opinion, drop 'em a line and let 'em know you would like to see a sighting ring offered for 2003. They have some really exciting products due out this comming season.......stay tuned