Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Ridge sights?????? >

Trophy Ridge sights??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Ridge sights??????

Old 02-02-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Trophy Ridge sights??????

Does anyone have the Trophy Ridge Rhino V-Drive sight??? I'm thinking about getting one, and wondering if its a decent sight.
I've been looking at them for about 2 weeks now at my local Bass Pro Shop, for the low cost of $179. I've found them on sale for $99 dollars at a local pro shop.

??????????????
Old 02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights??????

I've got the Rhino Guide series, not the v-drive. I checked out the v-drive and thought about it but it seemed kind of loosy-goosy to me. Cabelas had one mounted on a display rack with a bunch of other sights and the v-drive seemed like it was about to fall apart. The guys working the bow area messed with it but couldn't figure out why it was jacked up but couldn't figure it out. It may have just been mounted sloppily or maybe had too many people adjusting it. Whatever it was it was enough to make me pass on it. The Guide series is the same sight housing and pins (.19) but probably more work adjusting. I adjust my sight and then leave it so I don't have much need for fast adjustments. I'm more comfortable knowing the sight is solid and not going to be moving around.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:56 PM

I have the new rhino v drive in .019 and just love it sighted it in for 20,30,40 and the just used the bottom pin for the rest of my yardage adjustments. For got to metion did not like the 5 pins so trophy ridge made me a three pin to many pins for me. they were more than helpfull can not say enough good.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:11 PM

I never was impressed by there sights. They are expensive, not that bright, and not very stable either. I bought one two years ago new for 90 dollars. It was the three pin one. Do yourself a favor and look at the other sights. Im not bashing them, just my view of this sight.If you do get it tighten up really good.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree they seem on the higher price end as are others. I've never had a problem with their quality. They seem quite well made to me. I've had the Nitro Extreme and now the Rhino and they are at least as good as the others I looked at and better than most. I thought the HHA's and Spot Hoggs were very good sights also. As far as brightness, they seem just as good as any. I had the .29 pins on the Nitro but changed them out to the .19's. I don't like a large, glowing pin, myself. I think a small bright pin allows for better aiming. You can get a bracket and light for most of the TR's and the Rhino has a threaded hole for one. I don't know if it gets any brighter but I don't think I would want it any brighter.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've such discovered a new sight at the Harrisburg sport show, it's by www.viperarcheryproducts.com . The new Predator line and the newest not on their website features microadjustable knobs....very impressed. The black retails for $149.00 and will be the sight on my new bow....this sight features a hamonic dampener built in, 7.5 inches of fiber for brightness in .029, .019 or .010 pin sizes....machined aluminum and stainless steel pins...very sweet.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:34 AM

I have used the Matrix on my bows for 3 years now and I like them a lot. I especially like the ease of adjustment without tools. I have the .29 pins, and would not go to thinner pins myself. I do not find the pins to obstruct my target, and because of the tough terrain I usually hunt in I would be afraid of breaking thin pins on branches and such.Ibent a .29 pin carrying my bow through the cypress swamp last year and had to replace it. Replacement parts are easy to get, relatively cheap and their customer service people were a pleasure to deal with.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a TR Mantis V-drive, its a pendulum. Works great, no BS. Nothing on mine seems loosy goosy as aeroslinger says. Ive been shooting that for 2 years and have no complaints at all. If money is a concern get something less expesive, I also have True Glo and Cobra sights for target shooting from the ground, they all work.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Diesel, I'm pretty sure it was just the set up they had on display. It probably wasn't installed all the way or maybe just too many people handling it like I said. The guys working there didn't seem like they knew too much. I really liked the v drives and was going to get one. I was just familiar with the type of adjustments the Rhino had so I just went with it. Most TR products I've seen are very good quality.