Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge sights?

Old 11-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Trophy Ridge sights?

This coming spring I'm going on my first black bear hunt up in Manitoba so I need a new sight for low light conditions. I was looking at one of Trophy Ridge's sights with the vertical pins. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on what they like or don't like about these sights.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

Lousy quality control, great customer service.

My personal experience with them was a crappy product (flatliner) and poor customer service. At the shop we have had problems with both their sights and their rests having quality control issues.

I did a poll on another site and a full one third of the 88 people that voted had problems with a TR product and some continued to have problems with the same product. Most said that it was fixed free of charge but that does not set well with me. I want a warranty that I will never have to use. I don't care how good their customer servie is if the product is continually being sent back for repair and I can't use it.

I can whole heartedly reccomend the dusk devil sight made by Montana Black Gold. It has been the absolute best sight I have used. Definetly worth you checking out.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:21 PM

K, I definitely will check that out. Thanks for your advise too.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:49 PM

I own a TR Micro Matrix. I would say that I payed way too much for the sight. Marginal quality but the pins are easily adjusted with no tools. I would say try Impact Archery for a super bright sight.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:00 PM

I just bought the Vital Bow Gear Trapper 3 pin for my Tribute. It looks like one heck of a sight. You can charge the glow in the dark material with your flashlight and the pins will shine in complete darkness! It is 100% machined and appears bombproof. I will be setting it up this week if my bow shows up.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Personally,I have not had a problem with the 2 differant Trophy Ridge sights that I have owned. I could'nt go back to the standard pin settup after shooting the in-lines.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 AM

i have 3 TR sights I had problem with 2 1st production probems that they fixed very quickly..... I didn't have a problem with them after 2 sit on my bows 1 i gave to my brother he just shot caribou with his !!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had one and really didn't care that much for it after a while. Switched to the Vital Bow Gear Trapper and LOVE IT. Glows better in the dark then the TR did in the daylight. Also the cheap plastic site just really does not hold up that great. I would recommend for the money to go with ANYTHING else.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:35 AM

i shoot an inexpensive tru-glo sight with a tritium sight pin....and love it. the one pin cost $20 but i think is well worth it. no lights, no batteries, no turning on and off....it will be visible anywhere, anytime!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:14 AM

Haven't had any problems out of my matrix 5pin guide series. It has steel pins which I think they had problems with the plastic ones. Have yet to need customer servive. Love every thing about it. Micro ajustment and easy pin adjustments too.