Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow movement

Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: arrow movement

If you find the flight of the arrow really erratic it definately needs fixin shooting broadheads will multiply the movement. There is a lot better chance your arrows will plane or veer in flight. Doesn't much matter if there is a little movement during target practice, but it will when its opening day and the blades are on the shaft I found out the hard way good luck!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Check your nock point to make sure it is not excessively high or low. That will make your WB 10 times louder.

Also, is your draw length ok? When you draw your bow, are any of your nuckles beyond your first (first nuckle =closestto your palm)able to touch your ear?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

MDB,

I just shot my new arrows for about 2 hours ( easton axis 400 spine ) and the noise is less. The arrowmovement however remains and has changed from going right to right and upwards. Since the new arrows are faster, the movement is less and is corrected faster.
I didn't change the WB yet but before I do, I'll post some pics of my draw and stance and the riser.
What I did notice is that my rubber nock stays put, before with the alu 2114 and 2115's the little rubber nock slid downwards after each shot.
I'll let you know when I post my pics,

thx