Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow movement

Old 05-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default arrow movement

ok, I'll try and explain this in my best english !!!
I have Davepjr71 ( thanks Dave !!!! )helping me out on a sideways movement of my arrows.
I'm shooting a tomkat at 54# through a WhiskerB.
I'm using old easton gamegetters 2114's
and my arrows have a sideways wobble in them, they don't fly straight.
I've tried Dave's advice and sited a 40yard pin in at 5yards and shot it back at 40. I tried moving the WB from left to right and back but the arrows keep wobbling.
Is it the arrows or do I need to tune the bow ?
I know the arrows shouldn't be touched all around by the WB.
I'm waiting to get new axis arrows with a 400 spine before I go change anything....
but all help is welcome...
thx
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Default RE: arrow movement

I wouldn't be surprised if the new arrows solve the problem.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's my latest thought Roskoe. I'm glad that someone else thinks the same and I do not have Frank chasing his tail. At the same time. I was hoping that there was something I overlooked that one of you guys could think of.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

well, let's all wait for the new arrows to arrive and see what happens

thx guys !!!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

You do need a stiffer (assuming about a 27" - 28") arrow but.......... If you go to an axis from a 2114 then you are going to need a new WB to accommodate the smaller diameter shaft. With the 2114 you should be shooting a large (medium would be ok.) WB and with the axis you will need a small WB.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM

Although I don't like the WB....you will be fine using the larger WB. I know of plenty of hunters who use the larger biscuit and have no problems what so ever.

Have you spun your arrows on something like a Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector?

You did say they were old.

(I am melting)
Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on using a larger size for a smaller arrow. Even Carolina states that a loose fit is not a problem. The medium isfine for the FMJ.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM

What do you mean they "wobble"? How do they shoot? Do they go where you aim? Can you tune them for whatever you want to do with them?

I wouldn't care what they do on the way to the target that you can see. Worry about what happens when they hit the target and if they can be tuned. Arrows do some crazy things in the air after being shot. That is what the fletchings are for.

This could also be a form problem and have nothing to do with your rest or arrows. If they are not bent and spine correctly for your bow I don't see how new arrows are going to solve much to be honest.

Also keep in mind you will have to touch up your knocking point because the arrow will be a smaller diameter. You will be knock high with the new ones.

Paul
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Lets see what the new arrows bring.

If your old ones are bent...then they would wobble. Purchasing new ones would be the cure.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

well, guys, I have a long way to go, but since I will be shooting the axis', I'll wait for them before I go make changes.
I am shooting with a high anchorpoint, my nose touches the cockvane slightly ( I tried lowering it, but I didn't like the feel of it )
actually, I didn't look at the arrowflight when I lowered my peep and anchorpoint...I'll try that first.

F.

Quick Reply: arrow movement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.