Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Chronograph? >

Which Chronograph?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Chronograph?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Which Chronograph?

I am thinking about getting a chronograph, butI have no idea on what model to get. Are there some features that I should look for? I have only had my bow chronographed once, and it was one of the ones that screws into my stabalizer.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which Chronograph?

I did a little mini-review of a few popular chronographs a year or so back. I ended up with a ProChrono with the indoor lighting setup. It has not let me down thus far. I compared it directly with an older model "Chronotech" which I also have in my possession as well as one of those Radarchrons. The ProChrono was fairly consistant with my Chronotech though all three gave slightly different speeds for all of my various arrows.

There is another brand, the name escapes me right now, that also usually comes highly recommended. The only thing I can remember is that one of the models was an "F-1" or something similar.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:18 AM
bigcountry

Shooting Chrony F1 works great for bows. I hate it for high powered rifles however[:@]

For anything shooting under 2000fps, it is very very accurate. Its when you get to the 4000fps, you get off by 40fps-100fps.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:06 PM

Things to watch for: speed tolerance (make sure it'll work down to the archery range of 200-350 fps), lighting requirements (most don't do well with flourescents and some require diffusers for outdoors).
Old 04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to use a chronograph exclusively for archery I eould recomend the archery chrony it is designed to measure slower speeds opposed to chronoghaph that normally record speeds in 1000 FPS to4500FPS range

it works very well indoors with the flourescent fixtures and works at its optimim on a good bright sunny day