Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

chronograph

Old 03-06-2006, 09:29 AM

Default chronograph

hi i have recently been looking for a good chronograh but dont want to spend an arm and a leg. can you suggest any good ones? ive been looking at Oehlers but I think they are to rich for my blood. any suggestions?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Default RE: chronograph

I have used a "SHOOTING CHRONY" Beta version for sometime now and it works well for me. Seems to accurate as far as I can tell.
It has an extention phone cord that lets you read it out from several feet away.That is very handy.
Price was about $150 for mine.
Google a search for it and check it out.
Good luck
Old 03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have the “Shooting Chrony” Master Alpha version with the extension cord. It also works well to have the screen near you as Raptor mentioned. After getting one you find out how fast the loads really are...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:54 PM

thanks guys ill definetly look at the model listed but i believe the oehler has a hand held also. not sure but will look further at both. ive used my gramps old oehler but i believe it needs to be fixed. he said its over 20yrs old. and well we are going to go together on one so maybe the oehelr wont be to bad that way but ill look at the shooting chron. thanks again.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM

700BDL,
Trailer is right on.
I forgot to mention that mine is also a "Master" Beta version. Forgot the Master part.
They seem to work pretty well without too much expense.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had good luck with my Shooting Chrony Beta Master. It's easy to set up and doesn't take up much room when stored away.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Pro Ghrono is a good one. I have had three different brands. The shooting ghrony was one brand. I don't recall the first one but it used the old paper screens. The Shooting Chrony worked well but the Pro Chrony is much less fussy about light conditions and such. Mine was about 120.00 but I have had it for about ten years so I don't know what they cost now.

www.competitionelectronics.com Mine is the ProChrono ditgital. 119.00
Old 03-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

hi i have recently been looking for a good chronograh but dont want to spend an arm and a leg. can you suggest any good ones? ive been looking at Oehlers but I think they are to rich for my blood. any suggestions?
I am looking as well, we share one but hasn't been working out to well from my perspective...[:@]. It's an Oehler, I found out they are no longer producing this equipment!!!

[align=left]FYI, taken from their website:[/align][align=left]Oehler has reluctantly suspended production of handloader equipment, including the Model 35. Our current inventory of handloader systems is depleted. Production of industrial equipment and technical support for all Oehler equipment continues. You can still get warranty service and parts.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I have used the basic chrony and worked fine, although no memory. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
bigcountry

I have a shooting chrony and its ok. sometimes you get a good reading, and sometimes not. I have had for for about 5 years, and wished I had the Oehler when I could get one.

But I notice alot of people getting the infarred units by CED millinium. They can be used in shaded or covered ranges. I might look into it.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

i have recently been looking for a good chronograh but dont want to spend an arm and a leg. can you suggest any good ones?
Oh yeah, from experience I can definitely recommend this one. The Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital is the BEST chrono on the market for the money! Very easy to operate and works flawlessly. You won't go wrong with it!
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=852429

Quick Reply: chronograph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.