Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Kind of a newbie. >

Kind of a newbie.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Kind of a newbie.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Kind of a newbie.

I just started bow hunting last year, Using what came on the bow. The rest I dont like because its so loud when you draw, Have metal like prongs to hold it, Never seen another one before. I do however like the single pin sight on there, But would like to get a new sight and rest. I dont want a whisker biscuit do to so many compaints about fletching going bad from them, I practice to much and have a low income to be buying or fletching arrows. I tried a Drop Away and really like it.
Currently, Im looking atthe NapQuick Tune 4000 Drop Away.
Im shooting a Forge F2 60# draw weight.
I love the bow. cant compair to the Awsome Bowtechs and Hoyts.
I wanted something wich I heard good remarks about, and a decent price to get started to make sure I like it....Well...I like it more then gun hunting now. I been corupted
A site im looking at is a, Tropy Ridge Guide V-Drive
I have heard alott of good high marks on the Muzzy Rest, So went to Gander Mountain to look at one. It's So Heavy,I really dont want that much more weight on my bow.
Arrows right now im just shooting whatevers decent priced at Fleet Farm.
Just something to shoot and practice my stance mostly. Ofcourse accuracy changes with the arrow so I've heard. I was fortune enough to get a deer this past Fall.
My question is. What would you guys recomend for sights, Rest And Arrow. I'm on a tight budget mostly but Can bear to spend a few extra bucks.
Thank you,
Cory
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kind of a newbie.

What would you guys recomend for sights, Rest And Arrow.
Currently, Im looking atthe NapQuick Tune 4000 Drop Away.
Nothing wrong with the NAP altho I personally prefer the MZE.

Sights well that gets complicated on my hunting bow I have a Spot Hog Hogg-it on my target bow I have the CJ ANTS with a 6 power scope.

Arrows well the one thing I wont scrimp on is arrows I use Easton AC Super Slims for hunting and Gold Tip Ultr Light Pro's for target.

I know you are on a tight budget but you dont have to go out and get everything at once, I would start off with a set of GOOD arrows spined correctly for your set up, then buy the other stuff as you get some spare money.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Default RE: Kind of a newbie.

If the budget is tight you might step down to the NAP QT 2000 or 2100 drop away and invest the difference in higher quality arrows (you get what you pay for here). As far as sights on a budget you're hard pressed to beat the Tru-Glos. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=39_91_179&products_id=7 401