HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kind of a newbie.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
turkeyhunter_15

Default Kind of a newbie.

I just started bow hunting last year, Using what came on the bow. The rest I dont like because its so loud when you draw, Have metal like prongs to hold it, Never seen another one before. I do however like the single pin sight on there, But would like to get a new sight and rest. I dont want a whisker biscuit do to so many compaints about fletching going bad from them, I practice to much and have a low income to be buying or fletching arrows. I tried a Drop Away and really like it.
Currently, Im looking atthe NapQuick Tune 4000 Drop Away.
Im shooting a Forge F2 60# draw weight.
I love the bow. cant compair to the Awsome Bowtechs and Hoyts.
I wanted something wich I heard good remarks about, and a decent price to get started to make sure I like it....Well...I like it more then gun hunting now. I been corupted
A site im looking at is a, Tropy Ridge Guide V-Drive
I have heard alott of good high marks on the Muzzy Rest, So went to Gander Mountain to look at one. It's So Heavy,I really dont want that much more weight on my bow.
Arrows right now im just shooting whatevers decent priced at Fleet Farm.
Just something to shoot and practice my stance mostly. Ofcourse accuracy changes with the arrow so I've heard. I was fortune enough to get a deer this past Fall.
My question is. What would you guys recomend for sights, Rest And Arrow. I'm on a tight budget mostly but Can bear to spend a few extra bucks.
Thank you,
Cory