Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hindsight

Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Hindsight

I just got mine in today,looks pretty impresive.
I will use it after Pa's second season to see how it works.
Has anyone else used them?
You can check them out here
http://www.hindsightco.com
Old 11-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hindsight

ya
took it back off
didnt like it
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

i got one onmy bow, i got it from my dads buddy and he had it on when he gave it to me. this is my first bow, so dont have much to compare it to, but i like it.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Spike

I have tried the Hind Sight on two bows and works, but I felt like the No Peep was better and went back. I have a couple of Hind sights that I would sell cheap.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great tool to teach you about form and grip toqure , Ill bet you like it , I did , used mine for about a year , after I learned all I could from it I went to a quality string and a true peep , what I use to this day .It should improve your accuracy , it lines up with your pins like a gun sight , all things in the line of vision , as opposed to the nopeep witch is of to the side or under you sights , something that I did not like , I found the nopeep very dificult to adjust allso.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Great tool to teach you about form and grip toqure , Ill bet you like it , I did , used mine for about a year , after I learned all I could from it I went to a quality string and a true peep , what I use to this day .It should improve your accuracy , it lines up with your pins like a gun sight , all things in the line of vision ,
Almost word for word what I was thinking except with the addition of peep size, 1/4".
Old 11-16-2006, 06:48 AM

Hey,
I had used a Browning w/ a Copper John 3 pin sight for my first three years in archery. It served my well and I got fairly proficient with it. Finally, the time came to get a newbow and I wanted to get cutting edge "stuff". So, I bought a Mathews Switchback XT and set it up w/ a Hindsight which my dealer recommended. His pitch was that you could shoot later because the sight did not block your target when it got late.

So, I take my new bow home and start practicing. Initially, I liked the sight. I was shooting tighter groups than with the old bow, but I didn't know if it was the sight, the bow or me. Actually killed one deer with it. But, over time I realized that because of the distance from the rear sight to the eye, a person really had to have good form and not torque the bow or you would tend to shoot left or right. I also had a couple of shots later in the day that when I drew, I felt that too much of the target was obscured. the other weird thing was that I had it set up like the instructions say, x on the middle pin. I found that I shot great groups at 20 yards, ok groups at 30 yards (middle pin) and that the goups tightend up again at 40 yards. It was like the x tended to mess w/ the target picture a bit for me.

So, I took it off and had my shop put a good peep sight in. Now, the groups have shrunk even more. I use a Sword Twilight hunter w/ .19 pins and a good peep and can hit a 5 inch circle with it at 50 yards all day long. Inside that it just gets better, golf balls at 20, tennis balls at 30 and softballs at 40 yards. I couldn't have done that w/ the hindsight.

Hope it works better for you.
Good luck
Hank