Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hindsight

Old 08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Spike

Default Hindsight

How many are using this sight and what are your opinions? Thanks
scott
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hindsight

It's like a scope right? How good do you think a scope would be without magnification? Now add in much thicker hairs meaning more of the targets blocked. Your there.

It's a neat concept and worth trying just for the education. Not for long though.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Spike

I have had mine for about three years now and love it. I will never go back to a peep sight. They are a little tricky at first to get sighted in, but once you are there you are golden. It has made me a better shooter especially in hunting situations when the nerves and blood are pumping.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Though I don't own one so I cannot comment on long term use, I have shot one fairly recently at a local shop. I agree that it is a bit "different" to shoot at first, but after shooting a couple dozen arrows it felt very natural and very comfortable to shoot. I can see it's advantages and disadvantages for different situations. I personally, after my short experience with it, would like to try it out for a season or two.

To the comment about the thick crosshairs - I think pictures you see in magazines are a bit misleading, if you can shoot with both eyes open you probably wouldn't be bothered by the crosshairs as they aren't very thick from left to right when looking through the sight, but rather deep from front to back.

Good luck this season with whatever you choose.