Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hindsight

Old 01-01-2002, 05:19 PM

Default Hindsight

I know this topic has been raised on the technical forum but there have been scant replies. Has anyone any experience in the field (3D or hunting) with this accessory/peep substitute? (www.hindsightco.com)
Thanks, Mark.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:02 AM

Default RE: Hindsight

Just back yard target shooting with mine. I made a modified bracket for it and used it for a while. I couldn't keep tight groups with it. I then resorted to using it in combination with a peep and found that the slightest torquing showed clearly with it. It gave a 3-point sight alignment and I had really tight groups. Other than that, it just doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe the sighting gap was too big, like a peep that has too large a diameter. I bought a Trophy Ridge Flatliner and the way the pins line up flat, you get the same visual cue on torquing as with the Hind Sight. Used in combination with a C-Peep and I get good low-light shooting abilities. If you have really good form and don't mind the pain in the butt it is to set it up, give it a try. Get a rubber washer to isolate the bracket from other parts as it will vibrate some on the shot.
Hope this helps a little

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-03-2002, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Hindsight

I've probably replied to this before, but I've got one and didn't think it was to hard to set up. You do have to get your mind away from how you normally adjust your pins though. But once I got mine set up it dramatically increased my groups. I'm hunting with it now but haven't got to shoot at anything with it yet. What I did was leave my peep sight on when I set it up and this way I could draw as normal and use my peep and the pins to line up the hind sight. Then when I was comfortable with it I took my peep off and fine tuned the Hindsight. Anyway just my opinoin it works for me.